Band Sleigh Bell

Ed_DE

Feb 23, 2019
🥇 Banner finds
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Found my first pointed band sleigh bell today. They are also referred to has bevel bells. Also found a spoon & a buckle. Always a good day when I find a bell!
IMG_0351.jpeg

Attachments

• IMG_0344.jpeg
    IMG_0344.jpeg
    537.5 KB · Views: 43
  • IMG_0340.jpeg
    IMG_0340.jpeg
    249.4 KB · Views: 46
  • IMG_0336.jpeg
    IMG_0336.jpeg
    2.4 MB · Views: 45
Upvote 21
Found my first pointed band sleigh bell today. They are also referred to has bevel bells. Also found a spoon & a buckle. Always a good day when I find a bell! View attachment 2125437
the bell has such a nice patina! well done relics are sweeeeeet

Nice Crotal Bell !

Most Crotal Bells we find here in the US were made in England during the 1700's & 1800's.
Some have the Manufacture's Initials on the bottom.
I've been able to find out the manufacturer and when and where of several of the ones I've found.
There's a few web sites with detailed info. on these Bells.
You can Google - "Dating Crotal Bells" or go here - https://classicbells.com/info/DatingBells.asp

Nice Crotal Bell !

Most Crotal Bells we find here in the US were made in England during the 1700's & 1800's.
Some have the Manufacture's Initials on the bottom.
I've been able to find out the manufacturer and when and where of several of the ones I've found.
There's a few web sites with detailed info. on these Bells.
You can Google - "Dating Crotal Bells" or go here - https://classicbells.com/info/DatingBells.asp
"In 1839, the total number of bells manufactured in East Hampton was reported at about 14,000 sleigh bells and house bells combined. Only 11 years later, an 1850 industrial census reported the annual total of sleigh bells made in town jumped to '245,000 dozen,' almost three million bells....
Screen Shot 2024-01-11 at 8.19.10 AM.png

Sleigh bells are always nice to find :)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back