Ball Field Round 5: 6 More Silvers for a total of 47

jrmazzeo

Mar 16, 2012
Central Mass
Detector(s) used
Minelab Safari
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Back out to the ball field site that has yielded 41 silvers in 4 hunts up to now, including a personal record 18 during the third hunt. Hunted for about 5 hours today and was able to pull out 3 more Mercs, a Barber dime, a war nickel and an 1899 Barber quarter. Also 3 more indian heads and some old buttons as well as 2 silver religious medals. There is not much ground left that I haven't hunted, so signals are not as dense as in the earlier hunts. but there are still deep targets that are giving faint signals so it is important to go slow. The Barber quarter was very deep, probably 11-12 inches. I almost did not dig it as the signal was weak and choppy.

The site closes on the 30th of November (locked gate), so only a few more chances to hunt. A total of 47 silver coins have been pulled out of this site. I am now at 148 silver coins for the year. Hoping to break 150 when I return to this site on Tuesday.

Attachments

• IMG_0386.JPG
    IMG_0386.JPG
    422.3 KB · Views: 118
Upvote 4
Awesome to find a public place with that much silver left in it. congrats

Congrats on the nice silver finds! Good Luck on your goal!!!

Your single season silver coin total blows my 9 year detecting total away by a factor of 5 at least - now I'm not complaining mind you , just saying .
( I should mention here that I have been blessed to find about 130 silver rings thus far ) Congrats on your amazing day out !

wow it sure must have been a popular place back in the day. I'm glad you got to hunt it

You are silver King at this park! Congrats on your silver hoard! Good luck getting your quotas! HH!

Good for you, I'm still looking for a spot like that.

That's awesome! Sites like that are great, my buddies and I hunted an old amusement park like that, and of course the word spread and everybody and their brother was there but that's ok, there was plenty enough to go around and we are still pulling the occasional silver coins out of there! HH, keep it up.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back