fyrffytr1

Gold Member
Mar 5, 2010
Southwest Georgia
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, White's DFX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I found these today at a construction site and I know they are not old but I am thinking the first half of the 20th century. The dime is a 39 and the wheats range from 1917 to 1946. The token reads "For Amusement Only" on one side and "This Token Has No Cash Or Trade Value" on the other side. I think it is brass. Am I close on the dating?

Attachments

• finds 001.jpg
    finds 001.jpg
    224.1 KB · Views: 78
  • finds 002.jpg
    finds 002.jpg
    168.9 KB · Views: 82
  • finds 003.jpg
    finds 003.jpg
    238.4 KB · Views: 62
  • finds 004.jpg
    finds 004.jpg
    225.2 KB · Views: 76
  • finds 005.jpg
    finds 005.jpg
    118.9 KB · Views: 71
Based on the type of back of the button, I would say it dates with your wheaties - mid 20th C.

DCMatt

Upvote 0
went back to this spot earlier this evening with a detecting buddy. While we were there an elderly gentleman approached us and asked how we were doing? I told him I had only been there about twenty minutes and had not found anything but some trash that I was taking out when I left. This must have impressed him because he introduced himself and said his family use to own the property we were on. He then went on to tell us about the history of the land and that is when I got a good idea of my token age. He said there was a circus there in the mid 193os. So, I am leaning towards this token coming from that circus.
And, he gave us some leads on other spots to hunt on the same land. Come on winter!

Upvote 0
It was good running into you! Those are Nice finds, especially the token! It was very pleasant meeting the owner, warm friendly gentleman! I was glad he gave us permission and also educated us on the history of the place. I agree with you, winter, come on!!

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back