Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Illinois / Oklahoma
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800 - Fisher CZ 5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I received a phone call from our family friend on Friday. It seems her nephew lost his gold wedding band (again) ! I just found this ring for him last November after he had lost it in his yard. Now it seems he was visiting friends with his wife and son at their friends house. He got to wrestling in the back yard with the boys and before he knew it, his ring was missing for a second time in 9 months. I again made the 1 hour trip to Wheaton, Illinois in hopes of finding his ring again. He told me it was probably in the back yard and that's where I started. A mere 40 minutes later, I had the ring in my hand and then it was in his hand. I had taken a tube of Super Glue with me this time, and handed it to him along with his ring. I didn't have to say a word, he knew what I meant ! It seems he has lost a tremendous amount of weight in the last two years and the ring is very loose. His wife is going to take it to be sized down a little this time in hopes that he doesn't lose it a third time. His bad luck has turned into good luck for the second time this year. That man may want to go buy a lotto ticket !

Attachments

• IMG_5073.jpeg
    IMG_5073.jpeg
    2 MB · Views: 49
Upvote 18
I received a phone call from our family friend on Friday. It seems her nephew lost his gold wedding band (again) ! I just found this ring for him last November after he had lost it in his yard. Now it seems he was visiting friends with his wife and son at their friends house. He got to wrestling in the back yard with the boys and before he knew it, his ring was missing for a second time in 9 months. I again made the 1 hour trip to Wheaton, Illinois in hopes of finding his ring again. He told me it was probably in the back yard and that's where I started. A mere 40 minutes later, I had the ring in my hand and then it was in his hand. I had taken a tube of Super Glue with me this time, and handed it to him along with his ring. I didn't have to say a word, he knew what I meant ! It seems he has lost a tremendous amount of weight in the last two years and the ring is very loose. His wife is going to take it to be sized down a little this time in hopes that he doesn't lose it a third time. His bad luck has turned into good luck for the second time this year. That man may want to go buy a lotto ticket !
nice ring return for sure!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back