Backpack setup

mcordell

Nov 2, 2013
Detector(s) used
Whites GMT
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Upvote 0
Heck, Im interested in seeing them also. Im looking for an aluminum or composite type at bass pro in the morning.

Can't go wrong with the large Alice pack image.jpg

Bought this on Amazon...Alps Commander frame...65-70 bucks I think. I can haul a lot more stuff on there...but that's all I need. Can easily attach my sleeping bag and tent no problem. Very comfortable.

ForumRunner_20131228_142847.png

Can't go wrong with the large Alice packView attachment 919645

Yes indeed! Tough like a Timex watch and TONS of room. Has tie points all over the place as well. I often hauled everything I needed for long range patrols in one and it NEVER let me down. Can't say the same for some of the yahoos I was stationed with though......

New to the prospecting scene here but for packing elk out alot of guys are using the freighter frames; Cabelas Alaskan Guide, Kelty Cache Hauler a couple of popular ones. Might also look at the LL Bean Carry All, these all would be some of the less expensive models.

Thanks delnorter, it's the 24" super mini model. Can also put the 36" bazooka inside the pack and only sticks up a foot past the top with some room for other gear.

Last edited:
take that backpack idea a step farther... I travel a lot by motorcycle. Anyone else? How can you pack your MD

My GB pro breaks down into a pack in about two minutes

Last edited:
I just received my late Xmas present today, a beautiful green/camo lightly used Alice pack. Now its gonna get everything but the kitchen sink....

Goldenmojo

Right on Hangtowndiggins. I have and like the 48" prospector but think I'll get a super mini as well for pack in sampling.

Mike

Right on Hangtowndiggins. I have and like the 48" prospector but think I'll get a super mini as well for pack in sampling.

Mike

Nice, the 48" is a beast! The super mini is great for that purpose, with the right flow it eats buckets well for it's size.

This is stage one, it's set up for crevicing and prospecting. The pack is a small heavy duty, waterproof deal made by Flambeau. Stage two would be a larger Alice type climbing pack with basically the same gear plus a shovel, bigger and more buckets, and a sluice. Stage three is a large frame pack that will have all the above plus boulder slings, come alongs, diggin bars, overnight gear and who knows what else. Stage one is my favorite as that means i'm out exploring and goofing off. Stage three is just as fun but means I'll be hurtin and won't be walking for a day or two upon my return.

Attachments

• IMG_20131229_121632.jpg
    IMG_20131229_121632.jpg
    156.8 KB · Views: 127
Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back