Back-up site 05/01/05

stoney56

Gold Member
Oct 4, 2004
Oklahoma
Since I did a marathon in chatroom Sat. nite, I overslept and had to miss going to one of my favorite sites. Instead went to where the cap badge was found next to an abandoned auction house. Not bad for a little time. Already had permission to remove some porch boards and decided to do so. Ran a slow pattern after moving most surface trash. Came up with a "Banks" "Good for 1 quart of milk"-holed unfortunately and 2 wheaties which after soaking in olive oil were 1916D and 1919D. Hopefully the matching Merc. is lurking nearby. HH y'all

Attachments

• banks 1 qt milk Resized.JPG
    banks 1 qt milk Resized.JPG
    27.7 KB · Views: 262
  • S3010026 Resized.JPG
    S3010026 Resized.JPG
    25.4 KB · Views: 254
Upvote 0
Nice Stoney. I would definetly be going back there. I think ya need to back off about and inch on the camera and those shots would be perfect. HH

Free, I think it is the original porch. THe boards are like 1 X 4's and are weather warped. Some are half gone and most are just sitting there with the nails rusted through. On top of this the yard has more s(crap) than most parks! :'( including under the porch.

Think your eyes are still half shut from that long night Stoney,not the camera :D .Nice finds, love the token.From your finds it looks like your going to have some more nice ones after you work through the trash.HH

Jarman, that may have been part of it. I think my computer took a couple of naps before I did that night. ;D. DigginD, must be all the goose poop on the screen. HAHA Actually I just need to practice more with different lighting and distance. I've got a little tripod, just too lazy to use it.

Looks good stoney. Better hurry back there for somemore.

Here's last try at getting it right, otherwise it's trading in the bucket of silver for a scanner. LOL

Attachments

• milk front.JPG
    milk front.JPG
    66.2 KB · Views: 150
  • milk back.JPG
    milk back.JPG
    78.1 KB · Views: 146
  • S3010032 Resized.JPG
    S3010032 Resized.JPG
    51.5 KB · Views: 139
Looks like a great site stoney!

HH, keep us posted with any more finds from there!

Lonewolfe

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back