Back to the 1785 house and more finds.

comfyinvermont

Bronze Member
Feb 8, 2004
Vermont
Got to go back to the 1785 house where I found the Flintlock lock plate last night. Found what I thought was just an old button. It may be hard to see, but it has a log cabin on it and it is a Harrison & Morton, Campaign of 1888 button, Alberts PC353. Not in the best of shape, but a cool button anyway. Also found a piece of jewelry, a nice guilt button, a harness buckle and a perfect boot heel plate with a shamrock on it. I can't wait until Saturday when I get to spend the whole day there. Thanks for looking...Lance

Attachments

• Harrison & Morton Campaign button 1888.jpg
    Harrison & Morton Campaign button 1888.jpg
    3.6 KB · Views: 420
  • August 18 05 finds.jpg
    August 18 05 finds.jpg
    49.5 KB · Views: 423
Upvote 0
Excellent relics lance!WTG!!

Wow Lance, your really finding some cool stuff. Wish I was there. It's been kind of slow here in so. cal. no more gold rings. Maybe that will change this weekend. Find some more good treasure. Jim

wow cool finds! ive seen those heel plates before. i believe they are civil war related. someone else around here will know for sure.

JakePhelps said:
Great Finds!! i got a button similar to that one, any ideas on what it is?

Hey Jake, the guilt button is just a ladies button from about 1860 or so. I can not read the backmark to identify it any better than that but is from about that period...Lance

Wow! What a site! The one we all look for and seldom find! JIM

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back