jarocki

May 27, 2013
Evansville, IN
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Pioneer 505
Bounty Hunter Pioneer 101 (Tracker 4)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I just tried my detector outside, it is 8pm and dark out obviously. I was expecting to be able to see my screen. Is there some trick to turning it on. This is the first time I tried to use it in the dark, so it could have been this way. Just wondering I left my manual at home.
i don't think it has one mine doesn't and I bought it in July.

Nope. No backlight on ATPro. You have to rig a light.

OK, I thought they had one, that was my concern. Glad then that it wasn't working for there isn't one, thanks.

Someone posted a light he'd setup on his ATP in the metal detector modifications area. I think it was a little led light he mounted on his detector. I don't go ut at night so I never pay much attention to night detecting

I believe most night hunters will use a light to dig......so they will have a head lamp or other lite to read the pro.....
Paul

It would be nice if it did have a backlight, but I guess you just get used to the tones after a while. I plan on getting a head lamp. I think they're relatively inexpensive.

Try Wallyworld sporting goods section. Probably have a headlamp for a reasonable price. I got one for a Christmas present a couple years ago, lo! I've used my ATPro after dark just paying close attention to the tones and using ambient light to see to dig. Worked OK!

Saw a headlamp for $9.97, I got a bore light for under $6. It has a flexible light and a clip, I think that will work just fine e.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back