Back in the "Swing" of things

maverick4440

Mar 20, 2003
NW Montana
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Back in the "Swing" of things

I am by no means new to detecting but I had My whites Silver Eagle stolen several years ago and the hobby just kind of fell by the wayside.
I recently found My old Fisher tucked away and took it out for laughs.
I had forgotten what a nice little machine this really was.
It kind of relit the fire.
I started reading the forums and got interested in water hunting as well as plain old land detecting and just bought a like new Tesoro Stingray II.
I took it out today and used it on land just to get the feel of the machine and besides, My wetsuit is still in transit somewhere being shipped from South Dakota.
I'm still using the old 1220-X for land hunting as it really is a good machine although it is slightly dated.
I am going gung ho with the water hunting as soon as all My equiptment arrives.
Here are My finds for today with the Stingray II.This is about one hour of detecting before the rain and hail drove Me inside.
Nothing really spectacular although I have to admit My heart skipped a couple of beats when the Canadian Gold dollar popped up!
1988, Oh Well!
I hope My picture posts.
It is My first attempt.
I am suddenly excited about detecting all over again.

Attachments

• 7162005.jpg
    7162005.jpg
    31 KB · Views: 329
Upvote 0
Re: Back in the "Swing" of things

Man, those are some great finds for only an hour. That braclet looks nice. What is it made of?

Glad you are back at it. I have a Sting Ray II and they are great water machines. They will find small gold ear rings others leave behind.

The bracelet is rolled gold plate so not worth much,
I like the Stingray II so far as it seems to pinpoint really well.
I am not sure about depth as all these finds were within a couple inches of the surface.
I haven't found anything deep yet but that doesn't mean the machine has no depth to it.
The yard I was hunting is fairly new so there is nothing really deep in there.
After seeing that post about the swimming hole I am beside Myself.
There is a swimming hole about a mile from Me that was used by the guys from an airforce base that was closed way back in the 50's
I can't wait to get in it.
This area is so remote it is highly likely I will be the first to have detected it. Especially underwater.
I ran My Fisher over the beach awhile back and found coins but also LOTS of melted beer cans that had been thrown into beach campfires.
I think the water will be a much easier search area.
I am really getting fired up about this.
I found a swimming hole last year and there was alot of stuff still on the now overgrown beach, Rings and coins.
Now I can actually go underwater. I can't wait to get back there either.
It opens up a whole new world.

Maverick, check out the TREASURE LEADS. There is a post there about an abandoned camp in Montana that would be a good place to hunt. Seems to me it was posted by sweetox or something like that. I believe it was Fort Peck. Type fort Peck in the search box and see if anything comes up.
Really good to see someone coming back to Md'ing. Keep having those nice finds and posting those pics for us.
jim

Nice finds. I was beginning to wonder if you searched a shooting range until you metioned the house

Welcome back to the hobby, & to the forum...
Gold would definitely get me excited... Looks and sounds like ya got some nice places to detect...
Good luck & Happy hunting~

Welcome !! HH

you can aaaallllways find unsearched areas underwater hope to afford a nice underwater detector before long nice finds hope you recover more & better 8)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back