Back from the boat

KIXLSYD

Jun 9, 2005
Tacoma,WA
Well, im back from the boat for a few days. They decided to send me to the arctic, so they are giving me a few days off untill i leave on the 2nd or 3rd. I got home lastnight, and could'nt wait to get out to MD this morning. I went to a place where they just had this food festival over the weekend. I had a pretty good day. I found a cheap-o ankle bracelet, and $1.15 in clad, and my first wheat penny. The penny was exciting. I did'nt even relize it was a wheat penny untill I got to the car to count up my findings. So I had a good day. I may go back out tonight and MD under where they had these rides on the grass. When I was there the Carnies were just taking them down. Talk to you all later. HH. Brad

Attachments

• finds6-28-05.jpg
    finds6-28-05.jpg
    17.4 KB · Views: 358
Upvote 0
Nice haul!

Get back out there before someone beats you to it!

HH

Lonewolfe

Great finds! Glad your back!!

;)

Carnival sites can be GREAT if you get there soon enough. Coins just laying in the grass, no digging required!!! Get back over there ASAP...

Coll finds you 're doing better every time . Glad you're back safe. I worked on a fishing boat for a while. I respect anyone who does that fro a living. Keep up the good work

Ace Villav

good finds, the same thing happened to me with my first wheat penny, so where ya headed ? Prudhoe ? thats quite a haul, bring a few good books :) , are you going to get any shore time up there ? i've got a nephew up there working as a surveyor on the pipeline, it's too cold up there for me ;) .

Pat.

Pretty good haul for thre day,,, WTG!!!
Good luck & Happy hunting~

Small carnival with about 6 rides has set up down the road about a two minute drive from home. I drove down first thing to look it over and was told they would be there until after the 4th. All sitting on concrete though!...Rats! Nice scouting, or prospecting as I like to call it! JIM

Nice finds,If you take your MD on the boat trip dont forget your BIG ICE PICK ;D.Will dig some for you while your gone,Have a good trip.

lobsterman said:
good finds, the same thing happened to me with my first wheat penny, so where ya headed ? Prudhoe ? thats quite a haul, bring a few good books? :) , are you going to get any shore time up there ? i've got a nephew up there working as a surveyor on the pipeline, it's too cold up there for me? ;) .

? Pat.

Im headed to Kotzebue, not quite to Prudhoe. We are delivering the people there thier gas, heating oil, and jet fule for the winter. The summer is the only time they can get any since it is iced in up there most of the time. This time of year it is rather nice up there. I was there last summer. It is daylight 24 hours a day, which makes it kind of a nice working environment. Only there s no phone service, so you get kind of out of touch up there. Thanks for the nice coments everyone. Brad

I don't know if anyone told you but... Where you find wheats you may also find other older coins even silver!! So go back and check that area you found the wheat real hard with little or no disc.

HH!!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back