✅ SOLVED Bacardi Bat SpringyThing. Not Dug.

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This was in a humidor that I purchased earlier today along with a few other items. It has a spring inside and when you press the plastic cap on the end, a little Bacardi Bat is revealed at the open end. It is small, the bat measures only 9mm in diameter. The tube thing is 3" long, stainless steel and black plastic. Any ideas what this thing is for?

DSC07126.jpgDSC07128.jpgDSC07130.jpgDSC07129.jpg

Well I did a little searching for you. I was thinking its is some type of stamp. So I was looking at what popped up when I searched goggle image, key words "Bacardi bat stamp". Then I had seen a picture of these little white pills with the bat on them. To make a long story short it looks like you have an illegal drug pill maker/ stamp. Not something I would want to keep around.

Upvote 0
I thought it was maybe used to press the bat symbol into wax

Upvote 0
During my searches I never came across any Bacardi stamp or mention of one. But for some reason, with the key word search it came up with a site talking about illegal pills marked with the Bacardi bat. Also in the website it mentioned the pills were 8mm and diggummup stated what he has is 9mm. Possibly the extra mm would be the tube? It would be a tool to cut and mark the pills at the same time. This is all just an educated guess. If that's what it is I am sure the authorities would like to know were that came from. Non of my business though, I hope I'm wrong. Just don't want to see anyone get in trouble seeing it looks very possible that's what it is.

Upvote 0
If its a stamp its for ecstasy but that makes no sense because you need a press for that

Upvote 0
If its a stamp its for ecstasy but that makes no sense because you need a press for that

I no nothing about how pills are made but that's what the website said these bat pills were, ecstasy. Just another assumption but when the black button end is pushed and the bat stamp moves forward would that not act like a small press? Also I just noticed the end of the tube looks to be sharped to an edge like it is intended to help cut something in a circle shape?

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I no nothing about how pills are made but that's what the website said these bat pills were, ecstasy. Just another assumption but when the black button end is pushed and the bat stamp moves forward would that not act like a small press? Also I just noticed the end of the tube looks to be sharped to an edge like it is intended to help cut something in a circle shape?

Unno it may just stamp them but they would crumble I'd think. Unless you filled the tube and pressed like mad. You're turning powder into a solid

Upvote 0
Thanks for the replies. My first thought was some kind of wax seal stamp but I have never seen anything like it anywhere. The ecstasy angle is interesting. I'll have to look into how they make or press out their pills because I have no idea. Ecstasy was after my time when it comes to drug experimentation, lol. The husband and wife I bought it from were Egyptian I believe. A couple in their mid 50's.

The "stamp" itself is 9mm. The tube is actually 11mm in diameter.

The bat head is different on mine compared to this pill-

Picture%20298.png
1578_lg.jpg

However, it is close to this one-

1158_lg.jpg

I hope this isn't what I have.

Upvote 0
A quick look at pill punches shows they are all metal and used with a hammer or put in a machine press. :dontknow:

The bat is made of plastic too so I don't think it would work too well for too long.

Upvote 0
Googled Pill Puncher....Has a lot of dies and such. I do believe you have a pill puncher. It also showed a few plactic ones.
mold-die-set-punch-for-the-single-punch-tablet-press-machine-pill-press-stamp-design-mould.jpg

Upvote 0
Plastic maybe the weak presses these people on e forums have been complaining about. About them being crumbly and such

Upvote 0
I guess there aren't too many cigar smokers on here, lol. I think I found out what it is. I believe it's a spring loaded cigar punch cutter. The Bacardi bat is just an advertising thing I guess. Maybe it was a promotional giveaway or something. As I mentioned, it did come out of a cigar humidor with some cigars, leather cases, a lighter and some fluid. You can actually see some of the tobacco still stuck to the bat in the photo above. I think I'm gonna mark this solved. Thanks for all the replies, opinions and help. Here is an example of a similar type being used-

Upvote 0
At least it isn't a pill marker! You would of been holding onto a piece that could equal jail time lol

Upvote 0
At least it isn't a pill marker! You would of been holding onto a piece that could equal jail time lol
Funny but not really. People make their own vitamins I guess, so they are perfectly legal to own. As long as there isn't any drug residue present that is! PILL PRESS DIE | eBay

As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back