Baaaaa-ling!!!

Clad 2 meet u

May 7, 2007
Algonac Michigan
Detector(s) used
Minelab SE Pro (land) CZ20 (water)
Was able to get out after work for 1.5hrs of detecting in a part of town where white boys are scarce. :o It paid off big-time! I was able to score $8.06 in clad and this gem... It says GM 925 on both the cross and the part that attaches to the chain which I searched high and low for but couldn't find it. This thing is about 1/4" thick and I'll be taking it to a jeweler to see if the stones are real. If any of you know, what does the "GM" stand for??? ???

Attachments

• jumbocross-2side.JPG
    jumbocross-2side.JPG
    30.9 KB · Views: 665
Upvote 0
that think is gorgeous.....I hope I am wrong but i had jeweler tell me one time that they won't put real diamonds in silver because it will change the color of the diamonds.......like i said I hope I am wrong, but either way that thing is a beauty.....good think you didnt hold it up and holler like an idiot...wrong side of town for that lol

The GM is more then likely the designer of the ring. The 925 is the important part and we all know that is 92.5% silver.

Great find. :thumbsup:

Jeep said:
The GM is more then likely the designer of the ring. The 925 is the important part and we all know that is 92.5% silver.

Great find. :thumbsup:
Hmmm Maybe those are real....aa

Very nice! I would think it's unusual to find ice in a sterling setting so that's a great find!

Supper find Clad,, Congrats!!!
I found a cross with possibly the same makers mark... "GM 925" the "GM" is stamped inside of a small rectangle. Only info I have ever been able to find is either a Mexican silver smith by the name of Gustavo Martinez, or another gentleman, who's name escapes me at the moment, that was a silver smith in the 17th century, if I'm remembering it right...

Here's a link to a site with his makers mark, which doesn't match the one on the cross I found?:
http://books.google.com/books?id=4n...g=2y1K_WXX_PBkxf0LtyNs0PFzLzk&hl=en#PPA112,M1

Here's a pic of the one that I found, and also a link to the original post:
Cross1Big.jpg
Mark.jpg
http://forum.treasurenet.com/index.php/topic,3792.msg19160.html#msg19160

I'll try and get a pic of the mark itself and post it here. Edited for the Maker's mark pic: I'll also be watching this thread to see if someone comes up with more info on the pieces...

Good luck with a positive ID, & Happy hunting~

Oooops, P.S.> I was told the stones in the one I found were CZ's, but they sure did light up when the sun hit 'em... I've also been told that they don't put real diamonds in silver these days although they did use them in silver a long time ago... Lets hope we've hit the jackpot... ;D
I found the name of the other gentlemen in my original post as well, "Gidian Myrick"

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back