AXE,CELT,FIRE STARTER,PAINT POT

mogi

Nov 30, 2016
Primary Interest:
Other
Hi Friends - Heading north today to do a little Artifact Hunting, but wanted to share a few things before we head out. I also want to extend a Thank You to this site as it seems that myself and some of the friends i have made here will be joining together in a little rock hunting soon. Enjoy and keep on a hunting! Gods blessings on you! Mogi bw1.jpgbw2.jpgbw3.jpgbw4.jpgbw5.jpgbw6.jpg

Upvote 0
Axe, yes that a pretty nice one. Celt, yes and once again a nice example. But I have never been one to believe in the Fire Starter/Paint Pots that are always shown on every site there is. If that was a Capstone for a Bow Drill it would be highly polished inside the divot and it looks very rough to me.

Where were these found?

That axe is sick.

Nice axes! But I have to agree with grimm on the fire starter or paint pot though. It's natural in my opinion since it shows no use wear.

Guy's simply go to Images of Authentic Native American Fire Starters and you will see plenty of fire starters and paint pots that look IDENTICAL TO MINE! You can take up your expert opinions with everyone on the entire internet and tell them they are all wrong.fs1.jpgfs2.jpgfs3.jpg

I also agree with Grim and Quito. Nice ax and celt but pot/cap shows no signs of use from pictures posted so far.

January 20, 2017 A New Beginning!

Mogi, do you see the wear in the pic you just posted? Your example doesn't have any wear. Yours may have been a new one that hasn't been used, but you can see why they asked the questions.

Mogi, do you see the wear in the pic you just posted? Your example doesn't have any wear. Yours may have been a new one that hasn't been used, but you can see why they asked the questions.

They are the same piece!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

To me The newer pics that you posted show more detail of the inside hole and also the symmetry of certain spots lead me to believe it is a paint pot.
With that being said, there are many examples of natural paint pots especially where I live that people think are made by NA. So I only take the pieces that everyone would agree is an artifact vs natural.
Where was it found?

Guy's simply go to Images of Authentic Native American Fire Starters and you will see plenty of fire starters and paint pots that look IDENTICAL TO MINE! You can take up your expert opinions with everyone on the entire internet and tell them they are all wrong.View attachment 1410917View attachment 1410918View attachment 1410919
Steve you don't see any difference between the surface and the bottom of the hole ? Not saying what it was used for or how it was formed . Not having it in hand it would be another internet guess at best .

Thanks Grim I was planning on turning Mogi on to the Omar's
some showing on the link are mine and some are are utilized Omar's .
We should have a permanent threat titled fire starter or just a rock with a natural cup.
i have nice examples of both and I'm sure you do to. I bet we'd start seeing lot less Omar's posted as fire starters.

Thanks Grim I was planning on turning Mogi on to the Omar's
some showing on the link are mine and some are are utilized Omar's .
We should have a permanent threat titled fire starter or just a rock with a natural cup.
i have nice examples of both and I'm sure you do to. I bet we'd start seeing lot less Omar's posted as fire starters.

Oh brother! SMH

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back