Oct 25, 2020
Reno Nevada summers, Las Vegas winters
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett ACE 400, Nokta Simplex+, Nokta Legend, Nokta Accupoint
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
An unseasonably cool day yesterday, so I headed out to a desert spot where it's very sandy, and usually really hot. The wind was howling all day constantly filling my eyes with sand, but at least it was cool.
Found a couple little points right away, then the broken white knife. Dang, it would have been a beauty! Very thin and well knapped.
Over the next couple hours I found several more points. All of them were just laying out on the sand waiting to be picked up.

It was getting late and I had a three hour drive back home so I started heading out. On the way back to the truck I hiked over to a little spot where I don't usually find anything, but there's some debitage present. I spotted a bipoint knife right away!
IMG_7575.JPG

I couldn't hardly believe my eyes!
I've looked on this spot dozens of times and nothing.
So I picked it up and while taking a pic of it in hand...
IMG_7576.JPG

... I see something black and glistening in my peripheral vision, about 25 feet away.
You've got to be kidding!!! Another one?!
IMG_7578.JPG

IMG_7579.JPG

You just never know when you're going to have 'one of those days'.
I'll remember this day for a long time!
IMG_7584.JPG

Baby dinosaur:
IMG_7573.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_7553.JPG
    IMG_7553.JPG
    3.3 MB · Views: 31
  • IMG_7561.JPG
    IMG_7561.JPG
    4.2 MB · Views: 32
  • IMG_7567.JPG
    IMG_7567.JPG
    3.7 MB · Views: 34
Upvote 46
I'm not the judge of native American artifacts, but isn't this banner type finds ?? 2 at once !! Just sayin ?? Those are obsidian right ?
Thanks Bart! The banner thing is up to the viewership to vote on, but I can say that after artifact hunting for about 60 years I have never found two whole knives in one day.
Yes, obsidian.

An unseasonably cool day yesterday, so I headed out to a desert spot where it's very sandy, and usually really hot. The wind was howling all day constantly filling my eyes with sand, but at least it was cool.
Found a couple little points right away, then the broken white knife. Dang, it would have been a beauty! Very thin and well knapped.
Over the next couple hours I found several more points. All of them were just laying out on the sand waiting to be picked up.

It was getting late and I had a three hour drive back home so I started heading out. On the way back to the truck I hiked over to a little spot where I don't usually find anything, but there's some debitage present. I spotted a bipoint knife right away!
View attachment 2165399

View attachment 2165400

... I see something black and glistening in my peripheral vision, about 25 feet away.
View attachment 2165401
View attachment 2165402

View attachment 2165403

Baby dinosaur:
View attachment 2165404
Those black ones look awesome. It's like if Predator was a native American!
Cool little lizard too 👍

View attachment 2165399

View attachment 2165400

View attachment 2165401
View attachment 2165402

View attachment 2165403

Baby dinosaur:
View attachment 2165404
Outstanding!!! Congrats!!!! Obsidian Too!!
Lucky Dog!!!:)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back