Authentic North American Indian flint point?!

BradHayward1

Greenie
Oct 19, 2023

Attachments

• IMG_5698.jpeg
    IMG_5698.jpeg
    103.5 KB · Views: 75
  • IMG_5699.jpeg
    IMG_5699.jpeg
    62.7 KB · Views: 76
Upvote 3
You must have bought it, what state did you buy it in?

Iā€™m from England and bough it from a source of reputable antiquities in Surrey, and has an array of Native American flint points from an old collection
Too bad, so no way of knowing what state it was found in.

Interesting that F.S. Clark is from Woking, northwest Surrey, England, and had a Native American point.

It looks like Burlington Chert that has mineralization overall the surface, IMO.

It possible the lower label may hold a clue. If you can determine any further info
1717958406877.png

I have pursued descendants of relic owners after the fact. In some instances, they may have a catalog and not really know what they have. You could attempt to find relatives of Dr H. A. Fawcett or Fred Sydney Clark and make inquiries.

Interesting that F.S. Clark is from Woking, northwest Surrey, England, and had a Native American point.

It looks like Burlington Chert that has mineralization overall the surface, IMO.

It possible the lower label may hold a clue. If you can determine any further info
View attachment 2153338
I have pursued descendants of relic owners after the fact. In some instances, they may have a catalog and not really know what they have. You could attempt to find relatives of Dr H. A. Fawcett or Fred Sydney Clark and make inquiries.
I was doing a bit of research and found out that Fred Sydney Clark was a well known artefact collector and had purchased artefacts from all over the world, but I may have to do more digging to see if those numbers give any ideas on what state it was found in

I was doing a bit of research and found out that Fred Sydney Clark was a well known artefact collector and had purchased artefacts from all over the world, but I may have to do more digging to see if those numbers give any ideas on what state it was found in
This is another one from the Fred Sydney Collection also

Attachments

• IMG_5701.jpeg
    IMG_5701.jpeg
    133.5 KB · Views: 22
I donā€™t see major red flags, itā€™s not a high dollar type or an exotic materialā€¦ the North America label is odd but if kept in England I guess itā€™s understandableā€¦ Iā€™d guess knife but it would help if you put a size reference

Unfortunately not no:( this is the only information I got given
Unfortunately he was not too meticulous about his labeling. The state of origin would make type ID alot easier. Nice point though. I agree with dognose on the chert type.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back