Austria-Hungary Hall Mark Help

Cariboo5

Oct 27, 2011
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hall marked A V which I think could be Anna Vonnbrunn silver smith from Vienna but I am not certain and cannot find any information or sites that show the hall marks for the Austria-Hungary silversmiths. Any and all help is appreciated....Thanks to all in advance...

This little statue of a hunter with his foot on a wild boar is solid .800 silver...

Boar 1.JPG.....Boar 2.JPG.....Boar 3.JPG.....Boar 5.JPG......Boar 6.jpg......Boar 8.jpg......Boar 9.jpg

Upvote 0
I've noticed the silver marks site shows two examples of import marks with a date range they were used. Both to me look like a variation of AV. So that's maybe what the marks on yours mean?. I'm not sure if that would mean the piece was meant for import of it was imported to Austria? and still it could be the makers mark. I'd keep checking eBay as maybe a similar piece may come up for sale and sold cat. and the seller may know what it is their selling? Also try posting the question down in the Garage Sale forum. They seem to have a knack to I.D. such a thing as yours and their pretty good at these kind of things.

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back