Austin Capital Metro Tokens / Pins

piggman1

Silver Member
Apr 7, 2007
Austin, TX
Detector(s) used
Whites Eagle Spectrum, Compass X-100, Whites Beach Hunter ID, 2 Whites Spectrum XLT's
This should be an easy one for someone out there. I have found quite a few of these Capital Metro Transit tokens / pins. They are a token in a pin form. I have contacted Austin Capital Metro, and they have no idea as to what they are, or what dates they were used. They said they were probably from a previous transit company. It was not something that they ever used. Does anyone out there know any history of these?

Attachments

• tokens.JPG
    tokens.JPG
    39 KB · Views: 189
piggman1 said:
This should be an easy one for someone out there. I have found quite a few of these Capital Metro Transit tokens / pins. They are a token in a pin form. I have contacted Austin Capital Metro, and they have no idea as to what they are, or what dates they were used. They said they were probably from a previous transit company. It was not something that they ever used. Does anyone out there know any history of these?
Can't help you with an Identification, but you might check with your library or the state historical society and check for old city directories. They should be listed in there. The Historical Society might even have some other info on them. Hope you are able to find something out.
HH

Upvote 0
These Austin Capital Metro transportation tokens were first issued in September 1987.

Upvote 0
PBK said:
These Austin Capital Metro transportation tokens were first issued in September 1987.

Thanks, I knew someone one here would know. I seem to find a lot of thes pins.

Upvote 0
Austin Capital Metro at first said they knew nothing abut these pins. Then this morning I get another email from them explaining what they are. Here is their response:

“These were actual fare tokens that were used from about 1989 through 1999. We officially ended their use around 2002 when we began looking at new fare boxes.” We had a few tokens left behind, which we turned into pins.
Thank you,
Guillaume Vigier
Business and Community Development Dept.
Capital Metro Transportation Authority

And that is the rest of the story. Good day.

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back