ATTENTION DO YOU HAVE SOMETHING FOR SALE OR TRADE IN TREASURENET CLASSIFIEDS ?

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If you do or have, please go to the sticky at the top of our classifieds forum and read how to change your prefix if you have sold, traded or item is no longer available...... Use completed if you have changed your mind or no longer available, otherwise use sold or traded when transaction is completed....

PLEASE UPDATE YOUR TRANSACTION IF STATUS HAS CHANGED.....

THANKS.................

I have looked at a number of "for sale" tonite that were "SOLD"- lets get with the program - MARK YOUR AD!!! OBTW_ BUMP. yelnif...

Some of us cannot change it to "sold" due to a software glitch which I think is specific to Firefox users if I remember correctly(there is actually a sticky that has info about that). Anyway in my case when I go to change the prefix the "button" is not there to change it to "sold". I can only edit my actual posts to say "SOLD" but not where the "FOR SALE" prefix is.
I have looked at a number of "for sale" tonite that were "SOLD"- lets get with the program - MARK YOUR AD!!! OBTW_ BUMP. yelnif...

I agree with you i have the same problem i can't mark it sold i can only edit the listing. POPPA

Me too Poppa - I tried to mark mine sold and could not

I thought this was resolved. I've been going back through the ads & editing to "SOLD" for those I thought had forgotten to edit. Don't know if this is the case or not, could be...
Ah, I see the problem. Member is using the optional skin we added for those who wanted a plain version of the site. Meanwhile the optional skin didn't have the template customizations added to it. (A perfect example of why we prefer to avoid optional skins ;) ).. I've added the template changes to the option skin. This should be fixed for all now.
This was the case of marking "Solved" in "What Is It?"

Try changing the Optional Skin to see if it works. Located @ the very bottom of the screen (left side). I'm using "TreasureNet - Pro" which is the beige standard TNet color. The "TreasureNet - Option" is blue, seems the font is smaller too. Try changing & going back to the ad to edit to read sold. If it works, let me know. Otherwise, I will bring this to ADM attention.

Last edited:
I have tried with Explorer, Chrome, and Firefox. The option is not there for me. I have tried switching skins. I use the default "Treasurenet-Pro" and switched... still not there. If they changed the default to let us edit the title, at least that would be something.

Last edited:
I have the same issue, but at the top is an option labeled thread tools, I can update it through that.

I didn't know that this was a program glitch - my apologies- it was not my intent to upset anyone, just thought it was human neglect. Sorry for being so quick to judge yelnif...

I will have to check that out.
I have the same issue, but at the top is an option labeled thread tools, I can update it through that.

If you do or have, please go to the sticky at the top of our classifieds forum and read how to change your prefix if you have sold, traded or item is no longer available...... Use completed if you have changed your mind or no longer available, otherwise use sold or traded when transaction is completed....

PLEASE UPDATE YOUR TRANSACTION IF STATUS HAS CHANGED.....

THANKS.................

Sure would be easier to just delete sold items or have a time limit on them and let them repost if needed Just sayin ; )

Sure would be easier to just delete sold items or have a time limit on them and let them repost if needed Just sayin ; )

I agree sold items posts should be deleted,
but not before both sides of the deal post they are completely satisfied.
But just like getting members to change the prefix to sold, there are always those who
procrastinate, until they completely forget.

Glad that works...wasn't sure if everyone had it or not.

I have another user name that is charter member but not mod so I can see issues as others see them, I had no problem changing for sale to sold by going to thread tools to change it...

jeff of pa said:
I agree sold items posts should be deleted,
but not before both sides of the deal post they are completely satisfied.
But just like getting members to change the prefix to sold, there are always those who
procrastinate, until they completely forget.

I personally like leaving them as it is a record of a transaction sold on TreasureNet, it also allows people to see what the going rate is for any detector sold...

Maybe a sub forum "Sold" would be in order and mods could move them when sold....This way only items still available would be seen in "For Sale" forum....

Last edited:
vote.gif
I vote for a SubForum (Treasure Related Stuff Sold)...

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back