Atlas of the CW - Barnes & Noble

Charlie P. (NY)

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2006
South Central Upstate NY in the foothills of the h
Detector(s) used
Minelab Musketeer Advantage Pro w/8" & 10" DD coils/Fisher F75se(Upgraded to LTD2) w/11" DD, 6.5" concentric & 9.5" NEL Sharpshooter DD coils/Sunray FX-1 Probe & F-Point/Black Widows/Rattler headphone
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Atlas of the CW - Barnes & Noble

For all you (fortunate) CW detectorists - last night at the local Barnes & Noble I spotted a pile of very large format (16" x 24" +/-) books full of maps titled "Atlas of the Civil War" for $19.98 in the discount section. Loaded with modern and older maps showing locations of camps and battles.

Might be worth a look as the price is right.

Upvote 0
Re: Atlas of the CW - Barnes & Noble

I TRIED TO FIND WHAT YOU WAS TALKING ABOUT,BUT I COULDN'T FIND IT I THINK I FOUND EVERYTHING ELSE BUT THAT ONE.COULD YOU TELL ME HOW TO FIND THAT BOOK.

THANKS----- fortbball9

COULD YOU DIRECT ME TO EXACTLY WHERE TO GET THIS BOOK

THANKS----fortbball9

there are several types of ATLAS OF THE CIVIL WAR.which one would be the one that would describe some of the camps in route to the battlefields.

fortbball9

JOHN_DOE that is what these forums are for, to help people. He was asking which would be the best book for locating camps and such. I like the Official Civil War Atlas. The bad thing is your not going to much from them because everybody and there brother has one. I use it to look mainly at where the old roads ran through. I bought mine off of ebay for a couple of bucks.

johnreb1980 said:
JOHN_DOE that is what these forums are for, to help people. He was asking which would be the best book for locating camps and such. I like the Official Civil War Atlas. The bad thing is your not going to much from them because everybody and there brother has one. I use it to look mainly at where the old roads ran through. I bought mine off of ebay for a couple of bucks.
The Price was definetly right Charlie P,got mine from Barne's and Noble for the same deal,good tool I think. Hey johnreb1980....Try this,what I do is scale the map's from the Atlas and then go to Google Earth and re-scale them on there.Use the existing road's and scale from there.....I did this with one map in the Antietam and Gettysburg area,within two minute's we started finding bullet's.We ended up coming out of there with 2 "US" Box Plate's,some shoulder scale's,button's,bullet's and various other piece's.It can be very helpful and I agree with you 100%,the road's played a huge part for us finding this site.Give it a shot for the hell of it and tell me what you think....

got it square Chuck :icon_thumright:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back