At the gate

robfinds

Silver Member
Dec 6, 2007
Yorkshire England
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP Goldmax
Hello all, Went out today for the first time in a while. All that was available on the farm I went to was one small pasture field. I've searched this field before and found nothing much more than the odd Georgian copper. From past experience I knew that the area around the entrance was full of junk mainly iron. I had walked about 30 feet into the entrance when I got a weak signal, to be honest I was going to ignore it. Glad I didn't about 10 inches down came these 3 coins. One groat and two half groats maybe Edward 111(1327-77) or a little later. These would have been a serious loss to the poor sod that dropped them all those centuries ago.

Attachments

• gay boy.jpg
    gay boy.jpg
    11.2 KB · Views: 732
  • gay boy.jpg
    gay boy.jpg
    11.2 KB · Views: 737
  • gay boy.jpg
    gay boy.jpg
    11.2 KB · Views: 742
  • gay boy 003.jpg
    gay boy 003.jpg
    22.5 KB · Views: 731
Upvote 0
Incredible finds! Sure glad you dug that signal! Might wanna clean up some of the trash and iron around the gate and see if there are anymore! :thumbsup:

Now that is amazing! A centries old pocket spill. :o :o

Nice coins Rob :o :o the Groats a HenryV1 first reign Annulet Issue, the half Groat on the bottom left as we look also HenryV1, the outher as you say looks like a Eddy111, which makes sence as there is only 22years between the two reigns, great find :thumbsup:

those are finds that are to die for, well not literally but holey moley, I would be on cloud nine for a long long time. :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

GREAT FINDS. CANT COMPLAIN ABOUT THOSE. HH

Cheers for the id Tyre Kicker, is there any ploughed land left up north now ?.
HH Robert

robfinds said:
Cheers for the id Tyre Kicker, is there any ploughed land left up north now ?.
HH Robert
Ther's quite a bit... a lot of fields are still getting ploughed especially grass fields as the price of barley has gone through the roof :o

Now I need a day like that :wink: :thumbsup:

Great job gay boy (well, it was the name of all the photos you posted ;D)

Muddy Waters said:
Iv'e got two teenage kids that think metal detecting is gay, one of the little sods have got to my pictures. They will suffer for this, got to laugh really !

robfinds said:
Muddy Waters said:
Iv'e got two teenage kids that think metal detecting is gay, one of the little sods have got to my pictures. They will suffer for this, got to laugh really !

That is funny, I have to laugh ;D Did you just notice? HH, Bryan

Muddy Waters said:
robfinds said:
Muddy Waters said:

That is funny, I have to laugh ;D Did you just notice? HH, Bryan
Only found out yesterday, much to the amusement of the kids !

robfinds said:
Muddy Waters said:

thats some nice gay finds! lmfao

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back