Asian artifacts

Dajacin

Feb 4, 2017
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I recently purchased a new home. These stones were set up in a prayer style format in the backyard. Can someone please identify them, possibly tell me what they say and if they hold any value? They are about six by six and made out of some sort of shame or similar item. Thank you so much. IMG_4963.JPGIMG_4962.JPGIMG_4964.JPGIMG_4966.JPG

Last edited:
They might be upside down. I don't know because I cannot read Chinese. I have about eight of each.

Upvote 0
The writting is kanji used by japanese and chinese but with the chinese coin I would think its all from a chinese zen garden.
Second pic is for happiness,third pic second symbol is peace.
The coin shaped item has the number five on the left, that is meant to be the top.
I think those symbols are read in combo with the center square giving them different meaning than standing alone and make up a buddist saying when read together.

Upvote 0
Old post never solved. The top characters are 福 fu (good fortune),喜 xi (happiness),和平 heping (peace)

The stone coin (turning 90 degress clockwise) is 五谷丰登 wu gu feng deng. Which is a chinese idiom meaning abundant harvest for all food crops (have a bumper harvest)

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back