As usual another object Im not sure

Foster

Jan 19, 2011
Columbus, ms
Detector(s) used
White's Prism III, White's TRX Bullseye
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Curious as to what this went to. Looks to be brass. I has a pattern on one side. I know it's been folded but not sure what it went to. ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1466988798.657243.jpgImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1466988818.818394.jpgImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1466988836.388936.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
So since its so corroded and folded i think it may be copper? Brass folded like that would snap i would think. Can you make anything else out other than the tiny stars? How many stars do you see?

Upvote 0
maybe a bracket to hold your oil lamp back in the day

Upvote 0
So since its so corroded and folded i think it may be copper? Brass folded like that would snap i would think. Can you make anything else out other than the tiny stars? How many stars do you see?

ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1467077338.265924.jpgImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1467077482.706186.jpg
You are right it is copper. All I see is a bunch of tiny stars. May have to zoom in.

Upvote 0
oops,did not realize it was so small,maybe part of the oil lamp because of the hole

Upvote 0
The latest pictures look as though it were gold gilt originally, with some remaining in the stars. Does it look that way in person?
If so, perhaps part off of a gilt carriage clock? Maybe something like an escutcheon for the top handle?

Last edited:
Upvote 0
The latest pictures look as though it were gold gilt originally, with some remaining in the stars. Does it look that way in person?
If so, perhaps part off of a gilt carriage clock? Maybe something like an escutcheon for the top handle?

Yes it does. Going to try to take a better pic through a magnifying glass.

Upvote 0
I don't want to "scrub" on it too much. Afraid I might damage it.

Upvote 0
I'm thinking a fancy fastener to attach to an old luggage, trunk or something like that? It looks like it had a gold wash or guilt finish originally.

Upvote 0
Gold gilt on both sides... Is that because of the process or was this piece made for both sides to be seen?

Upvote 0
I think the hole is square for a reason. I am thinking hilt for a handmade knife

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back