• IMG_3998.JPG
    IMG_3998.JPG
    63 KB · Views: 84
  • IMG_3999.JPG
    IMG_3999.JPG
    162.7 KB · Views: 87
B???? Newton Davis Jrz or Srz.?

Upvote 0
I was seeing the Newton Davis Jr but if first name is Beth, JR wouldn't quite fit. Thanks for the help.

Upvote 0
Here are some better pictures of the signature. I hope it helps rather than hurts. IMG_4001.JPG

Upvote 0
Thanks OcdChaos for help clearing up my picture. My biggest problem is that I never learned to read or write cursive. When I was in 4th grade {52 years ago}, my cursive was so bad, that my teacher told me to go back to printing. Been doing it ever since. Thanks Again for all of the help.

Upvote 0
Grrrrr,
I tried, I'm hitting nothing...... :BangHead:
Found a Newton Davis House in Odenfield? Also thought maybe, maybe the first name could be "Bolten"(?), that got me nowhere, too.
Maybe someone will come up with another idea, good luck, too.

Upvote 0
I've googled all kinds of different combinations, but come up with nothing. The middle name is clearly Newton, but the first and last are debatable. I want to say Davis is the last name, but Newton Davis painting brings up nothing, which leads me to believe 1) the last name is not Davis, Or 2) it may just be a random person that painted it, like a hobby in their basement. What is the background on this thing, where was it found and where do you live? The first name is hard to make out, but if we could get the last name figured out, we should be able to find who it is, if they are a known artist. But again, it could be painted by someone's grandmother on the weekend in her spare time.... ha. I would say the last name starts with DA then there is an unknown letter, looks like a V, but could be M or U? The next letter would be guessed as an 'I' since there appears to be a dot over the top of it. Next looks like an S, then a J or an O then possibly a R then a Z or C? Just some possibilities to piece together... :) But Newton Davis brings up nothing on Google as far as painting goes..

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back