Arrowhead hunting in Southern PA/Northern DE

soakednova

Jun 13, 2013
Delaware
Primary Interest:
Other
Upvote 0
I am not from your area but welcome to the forum...I joined just a few months ago and have found it full of wonderful people with excellent knowledge...2 is a good start!

Thanks, I've visited this website a few times over the years and finally decided to join, and everyone here is so knowledgable and welcoming. Happy hunting!

Hey Soaked-
I'm in your general area. You are surrounded by stuff- and if you've already found two, you're doing great. Tenacity is the name of the game, so be prepared to spend a lot of time 'enjoying the great out-of-doors' and not to freak out if you hit a dry spell. They can go on for weeks... I'd check out any fresh waterway- try a little creek-walking- or get permission to hunt a field. Field hunting and water hunting are 2 very different things, and you'll need to 'train' your eye to be selective for each environment. That said, water is always your friend. After a good rain, check fields. After a storm, check the sand bars or wash-up areas of streams, rivers and creeks- as well as places where there are signs of erosion. If there's a nice rise above a creek/river/stream- and a flat area suitable for camping- and either sandy and/or dry, you'll be on the right track. Depending on where in DE you are... there are places along waterways where they've cut highways in- around the Dover area. Not a bad idea to check 'em out. Good luck and Happy Hunting!
Yakker

Thanks for the tips! Glad to see a fellow Delawarean in this thread. Happy hunting!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back