Bronze Member
Sep 15, 2006
Maine
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's M6 & Prizm III
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Picked these up today....a friend gave them to me, they were her mothers and I used to help take care of her so her daughter gave them to me. I am not sure where they came from (she travelled all over the world). The lighter colored on is about 1 1/8 inches long by 5/8 wide. The darker one is 1 inch long by half an inch wide.I know next to nothing about arrow heads, so can anyone give me an idea about these? age? kind they are etc.....thanks much!
MD

Attachments

• arrow heads obv..JPG
    arrow heads obv..JPG
    19.7 KB · Views: 271
  • arrow heads rev..JPG
    arrow heads rev..JPG
    20.6 KB · Views: 277
Upvote 0
Ive seen many new reproduce arrowheads with that type chipping. My guess is their not original and were store bought somewhere. Just my opinion. I could be wrong.

Afternoon,

Yep those show the classic signs of reproduction points....weak chipping....large blank areas. I would have to agree with Undertaker, they do appear "store bought." There are more and more of those knapped type points roaming around. You can find them at most antique stores and such things as gem and mineral shows. I never cease to be amazed though at the skills of flintknappers now. They can make points that are nearly impossible to distinguish from the real McCoy. Its possible they are authentic Mainedigger, but my vote would lean toward reproduction. Maybe you can get a couple more opinions on them as well.

Happy Hunting,

Atlantis

They look like typical "Plier points", available at the finest souvenir shops around. They are called that because they simply are a spall that has a general arrowhead outline made by nibbling out the edges. However, they are a gift and I would recommend displaying and enjoying them in the nature in which they were given. They are somebody's art work, just not ancient.

Thanks for all your posts and input....I suspected they weren't authentic but wasn;t sure. I still think they are cool and appreciate the gift.
Thanks,
MD

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back