Army Maneuvers - SOLVED

smokewagons

Mar 16, 2005
Iowa
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ-7a, Whites Coinmaster, Whites Surfmaster, Garrett AT Pro
Hello everyone. This very small charm was dug up at an old picnic grove. The front reads "U.S. ARMY MANEUVERS 1941". There is nothing on the back. Looking on the internet I found some reference to a huge military training exercise which took place in Louisiana not long before the attack on Pearl Harbor. Is this something that may have been attached to a dress uniform or is it just a momento? I haven't seen any mention of any type of souvenirs related to these maneuvers. The dime is for size comparison. Maybe the charm is related to something completely different. Has anyone seen anything similar?

Attachments

• armycharm.JPG
    armycharm.JPG
    29.8 KB · Views: 287
  • DSC02840.JPG
    DSC02840.JPG
    23 KB · Views: 289
Re: Army Maneuvers

Thanks Mackaydon. I think you nailed it! I wish I could find the rest of it.

smokewagons

Upvote 0

Attachments

• Army Maneuvers.jpg
    Army Maneuvers.jpg
    9.8 KB · Views: 232
As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
Upvote 0
Re: Army Maneuvers

It's a sweetheart pin, privately purchased by a serviceman as a gift for a girlfriend, wife, sister, etc. The crossed rifles insignia represents infantry, of course. Fairly similar examples can be found in the $25-50 range in the Sweetheart Jewelry books by Nick Snider; however, they often go for a good deal less on eBay.

Upvote 0
We have many items dealing withe Louisiana Maneuvers here at the museum from pennants to paper items. The Central Louisiana area is where the maneuvers were begun. The sweetheart items are hard to find and underpriced in my opinion. If you are ever in Alexandria, La. be sure to visit the LHM ..Dont forget to check out our website.
DG

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back