Arizona: Where would the bottles come from?

mrzonk

Tenderfoot
Jun 1, 2006
Chandler, AZ
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Being new to the idea of digging for old bottles, I kind of thought to myself and wondered, "where would the bottles I find in Arizona, predominately come from?" I'm use to buying them in antique malls and off eBay, but if I found some old soda bottles, where would they originate from. I know that people traveled west in the early 1900s but did they bring old bottles with them? How about the soda bottles that I'm most familiar with? I know we had a few small bottling companies in Douglass and other small cities, but would I be able to find, if lucky enough, old Coke and Pepsi bottles? (1900s and up). Any help on this idea would be great; on my first listing, not a single digger responded. Doesn't anyone in Arizona want to dig with a rookie! :D

use maps or books and find old wagon trails, i too live in the SW, look up old maps at the county office, they will date back to the 1800's, ALOT has changed and thier trails are everywhere, also rr tracks that ran through are a good spot, you will find them here and there, just watch out for trains, it seems alot of bottles were thrown out of the trains, i have found alot of pieces of the old 1800's square bottles thrown from trains, but yet have time to look alot.

I would love to teach a "rookie" the ropes, the only problem is, I just moved here (Tucson) from NC and haven't the slightest idea where to go to dig, the old town dump (where ever it is,I'm sure we could go to county records and find out). If you would like you can contact me at [email protected]. later.....................RR

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back