Are these false signals on my Equinox 800?

OBXmetalDet

Aug 25, 2019
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm here at the beach in Ocean City, MD. When I was detecting today, there were various scenarios that I noticed:

1. I would get a signal. Then when I scan again many times I don't get a signal again. What is causing this?
2. When I was close to the water, sometimes when I swing the detector into the water, I get a signal. This seemed to happen a bit too often. Does the salt water give a false signal?
3. Sometimes I could set the detector in one spot and signals would come and go. Sometimes this happened when I held the detector straight out into the air. What is causing this?
4. There were times when I would get a signal, but no target ID displays. What does this mean?
5. In wet sand, I would get a signal, then dig and throw some sand aside. Then the signal would be in the sand I threw to the side. I would go through it and find nothing. When I dug into the wet sand, I noticed some black streaks, I guess black sand. So although I would get signals, I could never find anything. What is happening here?

I'm here at the beach in Ocean City, MD. When I was detecting today, there were various scenarios that I noticed:

1. I would get a signal. Then when I scan again many times I don't get a signal again. What is causing this?
2. When I was close to the water, sometimes when I swing the detector into the water, I get a signal. This seemed to happen a bit too often. Does the salt water give a false signal?
3. Sometimes I could set the detector in one spot and signals would come and go. Sometimes this happened when I held the detector straight out into the air. What is causing this?
4. There were times when I would get a signal, but no target ID displays. What does this mean?
5. In wet sand, I would get a signal, then dig and throw some sand aside. Then the signal would be in the sand I threw to the side. I would go through it and find nothing. When I dug into the wet sand, I noticed some black streaks, I guess black sand. So although I would get signals, I could never find anything. What is happening here?
Sensitivity turned up to high.
Falsing issue.

EMI from a nearby power source.

Did you ground balance?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back