are bullets worth anything?

Yep ....depending on condition and type. Even a 3 ringer will fetch a couple of bucks......Some will bring a pretty penny. Hope some of our scholars will pipe in. If you post pics make sure to get exact measurements and may get some input from other members.:icon_thumleft:

a bit depends on the type of bullet ( caliber and type of gun it was for) and general overall shape they are in(normally if in unfired(dropped) condition they can fetch a buck or two -- some folks if they have several differant types like say --- 58 cal union 3 ringers & 69 cal confederate 3 ringers and 36 /44 cal pistol type wil make a north vs south bullet "shadow box" display --union 58 /44 and confedrate 69 / 36 and will sell them that way.

if you have a lot of them ( of the common 3 ringer type not the rare valuible type ones of course)--I might like to get some for my wifes school class to "look at" --wifes a music teacher and has a "civil war music" section that she teaches each year ,* she snags any and all of my civil war relics that I find for "her class" also I'd like to get some to plant in a seeded hunt for my club to hunt as well.

well knew they couldnt be worth much. i gave 4 bullets and 3 casings to my grandson last weekend for his show and tell, since he went with me. here is a pic of a few bullets, alot i find are shot bullets, and round balls.

Attachments

• bullets.jpg
    bullets.jpg
    79.7 KB · Views: 210
of the 3 shown the bottom "drop" might fetch 1 to 2 bucks --fired ones tend to go for 2 or 3 fer a buck *

how many you got might get a batch to use for show and tell and or "seeded hunt" for club members --look to be 69 cal springfeild types

You just keep digging them they will add up, I don't sell any of my finds. But any and all have someone that will pay for them.
Good luck and if you need help just let old got2dig know and I'll be there.

Nice finds! HH

I like giving them away to friends with a short history of the battle that took place there if possible. People really appreciate the history with the item.

Save them up and sell them as lots. There are a lot of people out there who want them and can't dig their own.....

Check ebay you'll see what I mean....

i give most away to friends, funny thing thought i find alot of spent bullets in the camp, to my knowledge there were no battles fought here. seems funny that they would just shoot around the camp.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back