Arcade cast iron cars

Mar 25, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi all.
My grandfather passed on two cars to me and I would like to find out the history and maybe the worth of them.
I believe they are cast iron. Stamped with Arcade, Freeport Ill and a number which I can't make out.
One of the two cars has black wheels and they are both stamped with above information.
If anyone could provide any info would be greatly appreciated.
photo.JPGphoto(1).JPGphoto(2).JPGphoto(3).JPGphoto(4).JPGphoto(5).JPG

I think the company that made your cars was " arcade mfg., freeport,ill." here is a site that might help i have an arcade mfg. co. ford coupe (i think) cast iron toy - JustAnswer
they have experts you can ask,and someone else has one like yours from the late 20's. they said his is worth $600 - $800
hope this helps, good luck and let us know what you find out. cwhunter_1

Upvote 0
Hello,

I'm not sure if these are authentic Arcade cast iron toy cars. You might want to take the
2 toys to a trustworthy and knowledgeable antique dealer.

The reason I say this is:

1. The Arcade cast iron toys from that era came with metal wheels
2. The Arcade with metal wheels does not have the metal wheels of that era.
3. Even if these are authentic Arcade toys, they have lost their value because
these toys were never painted with shiny metallic gold colour. They came
in bold shiny finish primary colours such as red green, blue, and yellow, as well as black.

Have a look at my toy blog if you're interested in old and antique toys:

oldantiquetoys.blogspot.com

Toysearcher

Upvote 0
if gramps left them to you, dont sell them. my grandfather has been dead 24 years and all I have is a kitchen knife I think he made as a boy. i cherish it, as will you eventually those cars. my 2 cents. maybe you just want to learn about them, that's great. this is the site where you will...best of luck

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back