NGE

Silver Member
May 27, 2008
S.E. Michigan
Detector(s) used
Etrac, Explorer XS II, Fisher 1266-X
Primary Interest:
Other
I have finally learned some Etrac-ese, The language of the "god." I went to another of my favorite parks yesterday (4/1/11). When someone says "HAMMERED" they don't know what they're talking about till they go to this park. It dates back to the mid 1800's. It was a private estate that was willed to Wayne County, Michigan Parks division back in the early 1900's by the Slocum family heirs. And it was named after either the wife or one of the children, the name of the park is: Elizabeth Park. This park is about 30 miles from where I live now but, I have been hunting it for over 50 years! In this time, I have taken 2 U.S. Half dimes, several seated quarters, about 100 indian cents, antique gold jewelry, a live hand grenade was found by another hunter (Vietnam era), all kinds of trash. And yesterday was no exception, about the trash. I was digging high pitched shrieks, which paid off in the end. My first weird signal was my luckiest one as it set the pace for the day. A rolled cent that says Niagara Falls Canada "Good Luck Cent" I went to my favorite spot in the whole park, old concrete shuffle board courts. There is a carpet of rusted beer caps there, and very difficult to hunt. But, I had put my 8X6 S.E.F. coil on to give it a try. From 8 inches I pulled 6 bottle caps and a piece of rusted sparkler wire annnnnnnd, an 1890 indian cent. Then I wandered over to where there used to be a ball diamond. I have always done good over there. Back in the day, the G.A.R. used to have reunions in that area (before the ball diamond) and have always found many, many old .45-70 empty brass casings mixed in with the coins. Suddenly, I got a strange signal! Kinda warblely and trashy sounding but, somewhere in the mix a sort of a fleeting sound of something good, you know just a slight tick of a sound. At 10 inches I dug the remains of a very corroded .45-70 cartridge, several rusted bottle caps, a piece of rusted wire, 2 nails. My probe then went silent. I always recheck my holes b4 covering them back up, but, there was nothing in the hole, so I used my pro-pointer and checked the dirt pile, yep there was something in there. A sliding 1898 barber Quarter! Towards the end of my day, as I was heading back to my truck, I dug one more target. It was a strange sound I had not heard b4, at about 8 inches I pulled a 1943 wheat (rusty) that was sitting inside a rusted bottle cap! As I was getting into my truck, a car pulled up and the guy driving said, " there's nothing in this park " He's never gotten any silver or anything old " Haaaaa, I said and showed him what I found, his jaw hit the pavement in disbelief....lol He has some vids on youtube. Just type in ronmannify, and you'll see them. I have a secret that he does not know....... I know where all his good spots are, and now I have more places to hunt I am originally from his area...........NGE P.S. I also got 3 other wheats.

Attachments

• 1890 injun.jpg
    1890 injun.jpg
    31.6 KB · Views: 782
  • 1898 Barber.jpg
    1898 Barber.jpg
    37.3 KB · Views: 778
  • crusty steelie.jpg
    crusty steelie.jpg
    31.3 KB · Views: 784
  • todays finds.jpg
    todays finds.jpg
    10.5 KB · Views: 783
Upvote 0
YAHOOOOOOOOO. NICE DIGS
2 :icon_thumright: :icon_thumright:

Ha! Thats great! Love being able to do something like that. Good job, and good luck on your next dig......oh you wont find anything there, I already looked...he he he.

Sweet finds! :hello2:
Congrats,
MM

Oops, for some reason the first pic did not load up, here it is.......

Attachments

• Lucky Day.jpg
    Lucky Day.jpg
    44.6 KB · Views: 575
Thanks for all the encouragement and kudo's. Now to wait for a week's worth of rain to end. Then I will be hitting the other guy's spots (which are public properties) :laughing7:. But first I want to go back to the park with my 11" pro coil on Mr. ET ::). I was just sampling the good spots, and now I want to get serious :icon_sunny:..........NGE

and just think if you would of had an atpro you would walked rite over that bottle cap.That's if the atpro can goes that deep.nice finds. :thumbsup:

Congrats on the finds! :icon_thumright: That E-trac sure does pull 'em in!

liftloop said:
and just think if you would of had an atpro you would walked rite over that bottle cap.That's if the atpro can goes that deep.nice finds. :thumbsup:

What does the AT Pro have to do with this thread?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back