Anyone using a Fisher ID Excel?

I thought I would try to give my post another chance for comment.I have read 3 small reviews on this detector which were positive and the price is really in my range.Anyone use the ID Excel or hear positive comments about it?

Attachments

• SpookyTree.jpg
    SpookyTree.jpg
    10.3 KB · Views: 202
I love my cz5 from fisher but I dont like pushbuttons...I would go with the 3d which is the same as my cz5 but with the boost mode...but thats my two cents worth...happy hunting...Don

I looked at that on Kellyco. It is very tempting. People have been saying pretty good things about Fisher. I don't know if they are comparable machines, but the ad says the Fisher 1270 will find coins up to 18" to 20". However, I can't see where any of those Fishers have a depth readout. How would you begin to know how deep to dig?

Hey Carl, when you hit the pinpoint button the depth indicator comes up on the screen. It goes to 10+ inches in 2 inch increments. The CZ's get coins beyond the level of their depth indiciators but so do whites. The mfr doesn't put 14 or 16 or 20 inch depth scales on their machines because that's just not what the machines have designed into them. If you add after-market accessories like the 10.5 inch or new 12" coils depth is increased somewhat. The readout however is still based on the stock configuration. When I pulled a 1900 barber quarter out of a hole at 12+ inches last fall using the 10.5 coil, the depth indicator read 10". Didn't measure the depth but I know it was on the plus side of 12 inches.

The 1270 is the model more geared toward the relic hunting market while the CZ-70 is geared for the coinshooters out here. Back to Downindixie, the ID Excel is at the high end of the mid-level market, but from what I read on the forums and hear from users it's not comparable to the CZ series or the CoinStrike. I was thinking the CoinStrike is Fisher's digital version of their (via Dankowski) CZ3D. HH!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back