Anyone know what these could of bean?

steve_rowlands

Sep 21, 2017
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi guys, these were found on our latest dig in Hertfordshire england.
We've had Roman coins off this field so could these be Roman?

Any help appreciated.

Steve IMG-20181111-WA0045.jpegIMG-20181111-WA0043.jpegIMG-20181111-WA0041.jpegIMG-20181111-WA0039.jpeg

I am almost a 100% positive those are not beans! However, I would be interested in finding out what celtic monopoly board those romans used at the time...I would go with the tentacle in the lower right...but seriously, I like the pictures of the relics you found would loved to have seen the measurements perhaps next to a ruler or something to establish size of the items. Any chance they might be Celtic or even Viking instead of Roman?

Any photos of the Roman stuff you have found in the area?

Upvote 0
I'd PM Crusader a link to your post, he and his Dad are experts when it comes to ancient artifacts. :thumbsup:

Dave

Upvote 0
Limey beans! Sorry couldn’t resist... :occasion14:

Upvote 0
Lol my auto correct was having a bad day today. Anyway who doesn't like beans?!

Upvote 0
Cru would know I bet. I really really want to move to England. Move into a Castle the scenery there is amazing and the old History also. Gotta convince the Ball and chain and the 2 chain links (KIDS) Great post

Upvote 0
Yeah we had a great day with some nice finds, also pulled this silver Roman coin off there last Sunday.
Love this hobby
Antonius plus coin , Rome AD143

20181111_161028.jpeg20181111_161053.jpeg

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Cru would know I bet. I really really want to move to England. Move into a Castle the scenery there is amazing and the old History also. Gotta convince the Ball and chain and the 2 chain links (KIDS) Great post
Thanks for reply. I sent crusader a message tho there were several crusader user names so hoping I picked the right one.

Upvote 0
:laughing7:
Good luck with that!!!

Upvote 0
Two pieces of a middle-Saxon chip-carved Brooch.
Odd bit I'm not sure of.
The best bit is the raven's head brooch bit that might be Viking (or Saxon)

Rare pieces.

Upvote 0
Two pieces of a middle-Saxon chip-carved Brooch.
Odd bit I'm not sure of.
The best bit is the raven's head brooch bit that might be Viking (or Saxon)

Rare pieces.
Think the first one Cru could be a part of saucer brooch, but two great finds like you say.

SS

Upvote 0
A2coins,why would you want to move to a country that let's the criminal sue the victim if the criminal gets hurt breaking into the victims house:laughing9: sounds pretty bass ackwards to me.

Upvote 0
A2coins,why would you want to move to a country that let's the criminal sue the victim if the criminal gets hurt breaking into the victims house:laughing9: sounds pretty bass ackwards to me.
They do that here too!!!!!

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back