Whites Coinmaster Pro

Attachments

• DSCN1871.JPG
    DSCN1871.JPG
    30.3 KB · Views: 343
  • DSCN1870.JPG
    DSCN1870.JPG
    31.4 KB · Views: 336
first thing that pops to my mind as I have seen these before, its the hilt/guard of a sword.

it actually looks like it would be from a samurai sword. What site did you dig it at?

Upvote 0
I dug this from my yard in southern ohio it was down around 6 inches and this town was settled by french and there were indians present if this helps? thanks for the guess u maybe right. I have also found a few silver nugs in my yard as well

Upvote 0
That is really what it does look like, the hilt/guard part of a samurai sword. But questions linger such as........ what would a samurai sword be going in South Ohio in the 1700-1800s?

Does other swords have this hilt/guard design?

Either way I be shocked to find if it wasnt from a sword at all.

Upvote 0
Well thank ya Patriot for having a look I certainly appreciate it! :icon_thumright:

Upvote 0
IMO it's a length of heavy wire that's been coiled around a rectangle (block of wood?) and squished over time..

Upvote 0
Anything broken off on the back? Maybe a buckle or a potpourri box lid :dontknow:

Upvote 0
naw there is nothing broke off from it it does have a sort of a dip or dent around the center hole its pretty strong to be wire as i cant bend it by hand

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back