Anyone have a problem with battery E.D.....early deterioration.

2Peas

May 26, 2014
Gulf Coast Florida
Detector(s) used
Excalibur 1000 & Excal II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Attachments

• 20230630_161825.jpg
    20230630_161825.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 30
Upvote 0
I reuse the pods on an Excal, but, I dump (as in recycle) the batteries when they go bad. I like the RNB batteries myself.

I reuse the pods on an Excal, but, I dump (as in recycle) the batteries when they go bad. I like the RNB batteries myself.
Popular batteries
5 out 7 are "out of stock"

A few years ago I started making my own, parts are cheap enough to where there is no need to use the old stuff so I break the batteries packs down, trash some and drop the old cells off at several local business that recycle. Office Depot is one.
Pictures below are when I first started designing the pack.. right now I have about 4 batteries out there being used, The cost about 20 dollars to make, and can get about 40 hours run time. I'm not selling them but will be doing a video in the next few weeks on parts needed and how to make.. The charger is about 20 dollars but once you have all setup you can use the same charger for other Li-ion battery packs made fore the Excalibur. The stock charger will not work..

277360167_380235183978185_4953673291710176464_n.jpg

20220525_144629.jpg

A few years ago I started making my own, parts are cheap enough to where there is no need to use the old stuff so I break the batteries packs down, trash some and drop the old cells off at several local business that recycle. Office Depot is one.
Pictures below are when I first started designing the pack.. right now I have about 4 batteries out there being used, The cost about 20 dollars to make, and can get about 40 hours run time. I'm not selling them but will be doing a video in the next few weeks on parts needed and how to make.. The charger is about 20 dollars but once you have all setup you can use the same charger for other Li-ion battery packs made fore the Excalibur. The stock charger will not work..

View attachment 2091391

View attachment 2091392
Hi Joe, when you do the battery video, can you show how to tack the batteries together (I wish I had a spot welder). Thx

Reactions: OBN
Hi Joe, when you do the battery video, can you show how to tack the batteries together (I wish I had a spot welder). Thx
Will do....One can use a soldering iron, if the heat is adjustable, it has to be up around 480.. lightly sand the area, flux, load the tip with solder and apply. I'll show how to, should be able to start the video next week, have the grandkids here for till Sunday.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back