🔎 UNIDENTIFIED Anyone happen to know what era this buckle came from ?

Boonieguy

Jun 28, 2012
north west Missouri
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
IMG_4716.jpeg

Attachments

• IMG_4717.jpeg
    IMG_4717.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 16
Not sure what era it's from but I think 1960s to 1970s could be right, that being said it could be worth a nice bit of money...maybe.

It appears to have been made by "Tech-Ether Guild Inc., they were popular for their quality red brass and construction methods and now seems to be worth good money, I think the company or at least their artists were possibly Hippies.

They have as mentioned in the above link have a Facebook page but doesn't look to had at action/posts in a few years.

The buckles made by them are so desirable and sell for good money that they are being faked, most real ones are signed/have the logo on the back but a few real ones do not, I think yours is real.

Last edited:
Upvote 2
I think it’s a reproduction.

The buckle designs produced by the TEC collective of artists were heavily targeted by counterfeiters at the time and further reproduced as replicas after TEC went out of business (which I believe was in the 1980s). Genuine TEC buckles are normally recognised for being ‘red brass’ with a high copper content, as in the Etsy listing above, not the yellowish brass of yours. It looks like one of the later replicas.

Upvote 1
I think it’s a reproduction.

The buckle designs produced by the TEC collective of artists were heavily targeted by counterfeiters at the time and further reproduced as replicas after TEC went out of business (which I believe was in the 1980s). Genuine TEC buckles are normally recognised for being ‘red brass’ with a high copper content, as in the Etsy listing above, not the yellowish brass of yours. It looks like one of the later replicas.
Thanks for the info guys . My dad’s been wearing it for the last 7 or 8 years . It could have ended up in the river a multitude of ways

Upvote 1

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back