Anyone good with sports stuff

I don't know about sports memorabilia, but i bet some people would snatch them up to use to decorate a boy's bedroom.
Or a "Man Cave".

Upvote 0
San Diego Clippers are now LA Clippers happened in 1984.That should be collectable.

Upvote 0
Definitely mostly 70s, and they look in great condition. Very nice score!

I think that "Whalers" pennant might be the most unusual. Most Whalers stuff would include "New England" or "Hartford" but this one is blank. I'm not totally up on hockey teams, but that might be rare because it may be a pennant the team put out inbetween whatever time it didn't know where it would be! Just from further googling, might be from 73/74 if my guess is right.

Well, at least that's the piece I'd be most interested in (if I had any money at all to make an offer, I don't lol). Second is the Nuggets, that's pretty cool. Very nice buy.

I tried to find out what that pennant manufacturer is, since all of them include a team color bar on the left, so the same manufacturer (or I may be wrong and that's just the design method no matter the manufacturer), and so maybe if you email them you can get more accurate dates per each if that company still existed and someone in it was excited to go over archives and help you, but I failed to find it.

Great score and yeah, I suggest even more research because some of these might be very rare and valuable (by folks coveting such things).

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Thank you heepiepow I will try to find it......if your interested make a offer

Upvote 0
Thank you heepiepow I will try to find it......if your interested make a offer

I already said I couldn't afford to do so. I'm a bit sad now that you would mock me so, after my trying to help you. I think you got a great deal and each pennant is easily $5-20, or even more depending on rarity or fan base, but again, I couldn't even afford a $5 bid. My interest does not mean at all that I have even $5 to spend.

To maximize value you should probably put each pennant alone on EBay after researching each, such as that wacky Whalers pennant. Not as a whole set.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Good idea I tried selling them to a shop but he wouldn't make a offer

Sorry about asking you I took at as you thought price was to high

Upvote 0
I have an old barbershop I go too that has pennants on the walls, maybe you can find a restaurant or bar that is sports oriented that would buy them off you.

Upvote 0
Sorry so late replying to this, I haven't been on the site in a long time. I noticed that a lot of them look similar so I would assume they were all produced around the same time. As someone above mentioned with the Whalers, I would agree 73-74 was when a lot of these were likely made. I come to the conclusion based on I couldn't find the NBA logos on the Spurs and Nuggets pennants which would mean they were still in the ABA (backed up further by the ABA ball on the Nuggets pennant). The ABA dissolved in 76, so these would definitely be from before them.

Overall those look very nice and you got a good deal. I would have bought them in a minute if I saw them. I have a few myself, but none that old, mine are mostly from the 90's.

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back