✅ SOLVED Anyone ever seen this milk bottle before?

cti4sw

Bronze Member
Jul 2, 2012
Pennsylvania
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 600, Garrett AT Pro, Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I tried Googling it to no avail. It's shaped like a milk bottle, so it's a vague assumption that's what it is. The shoulders and neck have vertical embossed ribbing but the mouth is broken off. It's clear, but the thicker parts have a purplish tint to them. I don't usually pick up broken glass but the embossing was unusual enough to catch my eye.

1.jpg 2.jpg

Front embossing says "Henry Hauptfuhrer / H / 2900 N. Lawrence St"
The back is broken and missing a chunk, but above the hole is another embossed "H".
Below the hole is embossed "One Pint / Liquid"
The bottom's center embossing is "H / 15" and on the bottom rim is "T. MFG. CO."

Last edited:
Manganese in the glass reacts with uv making them have a purple glow 1890's-1915 , I love local embossed bottles 1 pint milks are my favorite!

Upvote 0
if you put it out in the sun for a couple of weeks, the purple tint could get deeper. it is interesting when finding one of these Manganese glass bottles that are half buried in the ground, the top will be of a blue/purple tint and the buried part will be clear glass, but leave it out in the sun and the color will even out to the purple. kind of neat :-)

Upvote 0
Last edited:
Upvote 0
Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back