anyone ever seen these?

MackeysMan

Feb 3, 2013
NC
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Quick Draw II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I know this is probably not where i should ask about bricks lol, but i found these last year doing a little shoreline detecting in the sound near my home. These bricks have been underwater for possibly 300 years considering the area where i found them. I've looked in alot of places online to try to date them, but can't find anything. They look like they may have been a mold for something? Lead maybe? Anyhow, any input would be appreciated! Thanks! RL

Attachments

• aaaaaaa.jpg
    aaaaaaa.jpg
    52 KB · Views: 360
  • aaaaaaaaaaa.jpg
    aaaaaaaaaaa.jpg
    52.3 KB · Views: 331
  • aaaaaaaaaa.jpg
    aaaaaaaaaa.jpg
    51.3 KB · Views: 325
Welcome to Tnet it looks like an ingot mold? HH
Broken Knee

Ps the reason I lean towards a mold is the aggregate size I see most bricks are made with clay witch is fine in texture and consistency. Also what are the dimensions?
Standard Brick 3 5/8”. 2 1/4”. 8”
Modular Brick. 3 5/8”. 2 1/2”. 7 5/8”
Jumbo Brick. 3 5/8”. 2 3/4”. 8” also the indent on a brick is called a frog and not generally as deep as the one you posted?

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Dimensions

Welcome to Tnet it looks like an ingot mold? HH
Broken Knee

Ps the reason I lean towards a mold is the aggregate size I see most bricks are made with clay witch is fine in texture and consistency. Also what are the dimensions?
Standard Brick 3 5/8”. 2 1/4”. 8”
Modular Brick. 3 5/8”. 2 1/2”. 7 5/8”
Jumbo Brick. 3 5/8”. 2 3/4”. 8” also the indent on a brick is called a frog and not generally as deep as the one you posted?

It is 8" long, 3 1/2" wide & 2" thick. The center is 5"L, 1 3/4" W, & 1 1/4" deep. Friend of mine said the same thing "ingot mold", but to be sure not gold?? lol lead maybe? Could have been used during the civil war? Revolutionary War? RL

Upvote 0
I think that if there are a lot of them then they are bricks. I did find this Parts of a brick. It seems to indicated that bricks are often made with that type of indentation. My only other guess other than a mold would be some type of pestle.

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back