anybody else can identify these?

wacky22

Oct 25, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
PRICE OF THE QUARTZ?

is there anyone there who can identify what this thing for? is it a diamond?how is it the price on it?

i really want to know if this thing is a real diamond,please help me

DSC_0000266.jpg

ABSOLUTELY its a quartz...please anyone to gave me an idea how much its price..???

here's an update photo
DSC_0000266.jpg01012006(031).jpg01012006(005).jpg01012006(035).jpg

Last edited:
metal_detector_vpnavy.gif
Really need more pictures and also place a coin next to it so we can at least figure out how big it is...

Upvote 0
metal_detector_vpnavy.gif
Really need more pictures and also place a coin next to it so we can at least figure out how big it is...

the owner of this things allow us to take one shot,,therefore that's only i had,,according to him he found this thing with two boxes there are many of them..but only a few he show us..the place where the thing is located is a treasure site,,and they were the one who live there..

Upvote 0
the size is like a finger ang the big one is like palm..

Upvote 0
They are not Diamond Crystals! If they were, then they would have an outer appearance of the dull side of Aluminum Foil. Are they totally clear or are they slightly purple as in the pic? If the latter, then they are technically Quartz crystals with two zones, Clear Quartz and Amethyst! It is hard to tell from the pic but the crystals appear to be cloudy (i.e. contain inclusions, internal cracks, etc.) and if so, would not be real Gem Quality. They are really only worth possibly up to $10 for the larger ones and $3 or so for the smaller ones but as always, they are worth what someone is willing to pay for them!

Frank

Upvote 0
not diamond ! the crystal system of diamond is isometric - what you have there is quartz (hexagonal crystal formation )

Upvote 0
Quartz crystals.

Upvote 0
Agreed with concurrent posts. Assuming its not poured glass..(a loupe will reveal bubbles or a flowing lava set of lines that form before cooling). Amethyst is not rare by any means. Definitely not a diamond!!! The isometric shape referred to earlier kinda looks like 2 pyramids sitting base to base. Hope it helps?

Upvote 0
Would Herkimer Diamonds be that shape?

herkimer-diamond-04a.jpg

Last edited:
Upvote 0
OMG!!! You have found the CRYSTAL FINGERS...You know the legend of the CRYSTAL SKULL right???...j/k
The do look like amethyst crystals. Your local University Geology department could tell you for sure.

HH,

Upvote 0
They are not Diamond Crystals! If they were, then they would have an outer appearance of the dull side of Aluminum Foil. Are they totally clear or are they slightly purple as in the pic? If the latter, then they are technically Quartz crystals with two zones, Clear Quartz and Amethyst! It is hard to tell from the pic but the crystals appear to be cloudy (i.e. contain inclusions, internal cracks, etc.) and if so, would not be real Gem Quality. They are really only worth possibly up to $10 for the larger ones and $3 or so for the smaller ones but as always, they are worth what someone is willing to pay for them!

yes
Frank

yes,,sir this thing is a quartz but is a kind of diamond as well,,can you please gave me an idea of what cost of each stones?

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back