🔎 UNIDENTIFIED Any TREE EXPERTS ?

Gare

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2012
Canton Ohio Area
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Presently using Deus 2's & have Minelabs, Nokta's Tesoro's DEus's Have them all . Have WAY to many need to get rid of some
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Can anyone please tell me what kind of tree this was ?

Thank in ADVANCE !!

Tree.jpg
e this was ?

I do not know :( I was hoping someone else would ID it

Upvote 0
Thank you VERY MUCH :)

Upvote 1
The leaves look like a mulberry leaf. There are fruitless mulberry trees that would be my guess.

Upvote 0
I am Thinking U and ToddsPoint got it right Boxelder. At the base of the tree the trunk is over 30 inches in diameter .
Thank you all

Upvote 1
With the three leaves per stem and the lack of indents on side of leaves I am going to suggest strongly that it may very well be a poison ivy plant. Unless those branches under the leaves are tree branches that go to those green leaves in Gares request.
AA1fbG8w.img

Last edited:
Upvote 0
With the three leaves per stem and the lack of indents on side of leaves I am going to suggest strongly that it may very well be a poison ivy plant. Unless those branches under the leaves are tree branches that go to those green leaves in Gares request.
AA1fbG8w.img
Doesn’t look like our poisonous ivy.

Upvote 0
Well... they were once live trees! ???

Upvote 0
Poison ivy.
I’ve never seen a poison ivy tree. In my experience poison ivy is a vine. It can get some diameter to it, but it doesn’t have bark like that and doesn’t grown thick and straight on its own. It winds around trees and uses them for vertical support. I’ve re-shown the original photo. The leaves in the foreground may look like ivy (not to me), his question was about the “tree”. Thanks

Attachments

• IMG_1806.jpeg
    IMG_1806.jpeg
    88.5 KB · Views: 19
Upvote 1
I think Acer negundo (box-elder, ashleaf maple) is a good ID. They sometimes have 3 leaves per stalk like those pictured. The wood is diffuse porous in the cross section shown and that is consistent. One other distinguishing feature is that the twigs are often covered with a waxy powder that is easily rubbed off. You could check that.
I remember that I have had a first impression of the leaves of this bush being poison ivy until I examined the plant further and saw the whole picture, including the larger stems than poison ivy and compound leaves on it that had more than 3 leaves.

Upvote 4
AGAIN I say THANK YOU FOLKS !!!

Upvote 0
FYI, there are free apps (at least with a free trial period) for smartphones wgere you can use your camera to identify plants, bugs, etc. They're pretty good. Try "Picture This" - one of the more popular ones.

Upvote 0
FYI, there are free apps (at least with a free trial period) for smartphones wgere you can use your camera to identify plants, bugs, etc. They're pretty good. Try "Picture This" - one of the more popular ones.
I tried but could not come up with anything

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back