Any tips? Been looking for a while.

Yatagarasu

May 11, 2011
Upvote 0
Yata,
In Google search enter panning for gold. Browse through the many responses. Look for one posted by a fellow from Oregon, a post something like "Basic Panning" or panning for the beginner. You will find info on how to read a river/stream/creek and see videos on how to pan. There is a lot of good information on "How To Pan" as well as "Where to pan".

Good luck, 63bkpkr

Hello Y, Welcome aboard! First, you understand the amounts found in your area will be SMALL, right? Ok, second, look where you KNOW it's been found before. Third, MY suggestion, if you have the cash, spend about $250 on a good mineral scope. You may have small amounts of gold and not know it! If you see TINY specks of gold, concentrate on removing the gold using a Miller table or similar methods. Good luck! TTC

TerryC said:
Hello Y, Welcome aboard! First, you understand the amounts found in your area will be SMALL, right? Ok, second, look where you KNOW it's been found before. Third, MY suggestion, if you have the cash, spend about $250 on a good mineral scope. You may have small amounts of gold and not know it! If you see TINY specks of gold, concentrate on removing the gold using a Miller table or similar methods. Good luck! TTC

WB Terry =)

Yatagarasu, here's a couple of pocket microscopes that are a easier on the wallet but still should pick the tiny gold out of the background. I have the 1533 and I could read manfr. info on CCD vid chips. Everything else TerryC said is golden. Good luck in buckeye land, the home of my hatching. :icon_thumleft:
Gramps

I wrote a user manual that covers some of what you should look for.... I had it posted at oregongoldhunters.com, but for some reason its gone? If you send me a pm with your email, I will email you a copy of it. 8)

Hope that user manual helps you, Gramps!!! I think its the one I posted a while back, but for some reason its gone. If anyone would like one for someone they know who is interested in panning for gold send me a pm as I cannot find a way to post it here. Its a pdf file.

Hi yatagarasu, If you pan at the Scioto river, i live close to there. Give me a email at ( [email protected] ) and i will show you some gold. I do ok there. Dean

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back