Any muzzle loader shooters here?

Brian C.

Bronze Member
Jan 14, 2011
Detector(s) used
Whites and Garrett. I use several machines, the ace 350 is a nice machine. I have a 5900, 6000, whites.
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I found this trigger guard the other day, I have been trying to find the type of flint lock it came off, if you know of any good sites for the flint lock let me know thanks. IMG_0155.JPGIMG_0156.JPG

Upvote 1
Flint or percussion. Track of the wolf has quite a few in their catalog.Track of the Wolf - Muzzle Loading & Black Powder Guns Kits, Parts, Accoutrements, Rendezvous Gear & Primitive Americana Dixie gun works has a lot also.Dixie Gun Works muzzleloading, blackpowder and rare antique gun supplies. Trigger guards were an item at one time that reflected a geographic location or a "school" of build type and are easy to create a unique or signature type area on by shaping a tang or similar area.. The rearmost part flat piece might be what gives a finding. I don,t recognize your piece at area right around trigger,but I did not look through them all.. The ones with square tabs where they go into stock are for pinning . A finishing nail with head cut off type but some were tapered.

Last edited:
Almost certainly off a percussion rifle not a flintlock, it is a much later style.

Kind of looks like the one my late father used on his homemade black powder rifle. He made this rifle in the late 1950's and I know little about it.

Attachments

• #1.jpg
    #1.jpg
    328.2 KB · Views: 100
  • #4.jpg
    #4.jpg
    343.2 KB · Views: 67
  • #3.jpg
    #3.jpg
    380.6 KB · Views: 81
  • #12.jpg
    #12.jpg
    358.4 KB · Views: 79
Limit tool,New England is so far the only school of build i,ve seen flat like that guard. The O.P.,s guard I,m leaning towards London,British import maybe.

Thanks for all the replies.:icon_thumleft:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back