Tenderfoot
Dec 21, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Attachments

• 1450745485417.jpg
    1450745485417.jpg
    78.3 KB · Views: 112
was found in oklahoma. measures 2"× 2" looks to be stamped, back is inset. looks to be brass.

Upvote 0
Not sure but welcome to the party. I live in Oklahoma, what part are you in? Good luck on the identification and Happy Hunting.

Upvote 0
shamrock horseshoe swastika...
Now isn't that an oddity.

Upvote 0
Not an oddity a century (and more) ago. Like the horseshoe and 4-leaf clover, in olden times the swastika was a Good Luck symbol... until the Nazis adopted it in the 1930s. Without seeing a photo of its back for possible "attachment form" clues, I do not know what the square sheetbrass object is... just that it shows three symbols of Good Luck.

Upvote 0
the back

Attachments

• 1450755920277.jpg
    1450755920277.jpg
    79.2 KB · Views: 116
Upvote 0
a closer look at the front.

Attachments

• 1450755967425.jpg
    1450755967425.jpg
    69.6 KB · Views: 111
Upvote 0
That picture really intrigued me......Looking at Ebay for good luck tokens, I bumped into this. It's an old Boy Scout token. Inside each one of the arms of the swaztika is a good luck item. horseshoe, shamrock, a wishbone........Swastika good luck token boy scouts .......................Evidently it looks like it's associated with the Scouts. It's called the "Don't Worry Club" token. Here's a link that goes into a little more detail......SO WHAT IS THIS STRANGE 'GOOD LUCK' SYMBOL?

Last edited:
As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
Upvote 0
Not an oddity a century (and more) ago. Like the horseshoe and 4-leaf clover, in olden times the swastika was a Good Luck symbol... until the Nazis adopted it in the 1930s. Without seeing a photo of its back for possible "attachment form" clues, I do not know what the square sheetbrass object is... just that it shows three symbols of Good Luck.

il_570xN.872065514_gr3e.jpg

At the turn of the 20th C these were all popular symbols on jewelry. Your relic may be a brooch with the pinback missing.

DCMatt

Upvote 0
All three are good luck symbols....what it went to is the mystery. No Masonic connection though. Just some type of lucky piece.

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back