Any ideas?

caddo513

Greenie
Mar 15, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Back at a High School that sits on a Confederate fort in Louisiana. This was found about 10ins down. I have no clue what it is. Anyone have any ideas. Its heavy. The center hole goes all the way threw and i see no threads inside. untitled4.pnguntitled5.pnguntitled6.png
unknown1.png

Looks like a different metallic composition on the inside, and it also looks worn. I think by the design and by inside characteristics that it is some sort of shaft support or a kinpin socket, or something along those lines.

Upvote 0
Check the inside to see if the material is softer than the outside, if it is softer sorta like lead it could be Babbit a bearing material, which would confirm Creskol thoughts on it being for a kingpin/shaft or possibly axle application.

Upvote 0
Caddo513, im in bossier city, where you at?? Not interested in where you are digging, just wondering how many other detectors are around my area. Iv never seen anyone around here doing it except another FF i work with. Saw a video on youtube of a guy in bossier also. Anyway just wondering, see ya around sometime maybe. Good luck with the ID, looks like some sort of sewer pipe fitting to me ????

Upvote 0
The piece looks like it broke off something. Heavy duty whatever it was... Construction equipment?

:dontknow:

DCMatt

Upvote 0
Where did you find it?

Does your toilet still flush and water drain in your house:)

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back