Any Ideas?

shanegalang

Bronze Member
Oct 31, 2007
Island of Mozambique
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS, X 35 coil, 11" LF coil, Deteknix headphones with WS4 puck, Fiskars steel D-Handle Transplanting Spade
Primary Interest:
Other

Attachments

• 100_5278.JPG
    100_5278.JPG
    417.1 KB · Views: 182
  • 100_5266.JPG
    100_5266.JPG
    395.7 KB · Views: 173
That's awesome. It does seem like letters or something like "jesus" should be in their. Might drive me crazy

Upvote 0
Shane, it's a cool find for sure, But as for me .....I'll be Balder(is that a word) from pullin out my hair................good luck on the id.
...........................................HH

Upvote 0
What you have appears to be an Art Nouveau pendant or charm. More than likely it is oxidized brass. During the Art Nouveau period, there were all sorts of jewelry pieces with various configurations like yours. Some were rounded and some were pointed/sharp like yours. Neat find, Breezie

Upvote 0
I have to disagree Breezie, I do not see anyhting it that pendent that would have me believe that it came from the artist Art Nouveau . Shane it is definatly saying something, if the corners werent there I'd wear it. The way it is I would wake up with holes in my chest. lol NICE !

Upvote 0
I have to disagree Breezie, I do not see anyhting it that pendent that would have me believe that it came from the artist Art Nouveau . Shane it is definatly saying something, if the corners werent there I'd wear it. The way it is I would wake up with holes in my chest. lol NICE !

Hello Grizzly, Thank you for your reply. First of all, Art Nouveau is a 'style' of art, not a person. Art is not his first name, nor is Nouveau his last name. The name "Art Nouveau" is French for "new art," and it was a style popular circa 1890 to 1910. If we had to name a 'person' who was responsible for this style, it would be Alphonse Mucha. Following the Art Nouveau period was Art Deco, which was circa 1920s. It too was recognized with geometric shapes and lavish ornamentation. The pendant, earring, or charm has the characteristics of both Art Nouveau and Art Deco. Whether the geometric design states a word or whether it does not, the 'style' of the piece is still the same. Breezie

Upvote 0
Don't know if I'm seeing shapes in clouds, but I get hard "hARD Lu?K" out of it.
From across the top left to right. Upside down lowercase "h", adjoining capital "A" adjoining that a capital, reversed D.
Second line. Capital "L", next to it and upside down "U", either case.....haven't figured out the "c" yet, "K"...there are actually two "k's", though on used as the "R", and I haven't figured out what the last figure is at the lower right, maybe a lowercase "t".

Upvote 0
What you have appears to be an Art Nouveau pendant or charm. More than likely it is oxidized brass. During the Art Nouveau period, there were all sorts of jewelry pieces with various configurations like yours. Some were rounded and some were pointed/sharp like yours. Neat find, Breezie
thank you very much Breezie. Sorry for the delay, havnt been here much lately.

Upvote 0
Grizzly13 said:

Yikes!

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back