✅ SOLVED Any ideas what or how old this is?

striker

Nov 27, 2015
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab SDC 2300, Minelab CTX 3030, Falcon Md 20, and my old Fisher detector, Gold Cube
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It looks to be copper-ish. Bronze? It is slightly magnetic to a powerful N42 rare earth magnet.Found in the mountains. East asia. Also found chinese coins on the same trail dating to 1700-1800's
1.jpg2.jpg3.jpg4.jpg5.jpg6.jpg7.jpg

Last edited:
Knowing the location where you found it might help with the ID. Like what state or country ??? Otherwise, just a SWAG, something for holding long hair in place.

Upvote 0
Drawer pull? Door knocker?

Is it broken? It appears to be heavily worn on the loop...

With knowing where it was found, I'm just guessing...

DCMatt

Upvote 0
Drawer pull? Door knocker?

Is it broken? It appears to be heavily worn on the loop...

With knowing where it was found, I'm just guessing...

DCMatt
I took a closer look and its possible that there was a second loop that broke off.

Upvote 0
I'm gonna say part of a drawer pull.

it's possible but this location is located on the side of a mountain with only a small trail to access.

Upvote 0
Ok I know what this is. Mystery solved. Its hard to explain but its related to farming. originally it would have been 2 pieces .There would have been something similar to a U-bolt that went through the loops on each end of the brass thing that I found. The U-bolt would have went through a cows/ox's nose and the other brass piece would have rested on the cows/oxs's face right above the nose. Thats why there is a curve in the object. Then this would have been attached to home made halter. Hope I explained this well enough. I will make a youtube video to explain this if anyone is interested pleas let me know.

Upvote 0
Interesting. Glad you Id,ed it I would never have guessed that .

Attachments

• stock-photo-an-ox-wears-a-harnes.jpg
    stock-photo-an-ox-wears-a-harnes.jpg
    53.5 KB · Views: 56
Upvote 0
yep thats it.

CP.jpg

Upvote 0
Hi taz42o,
Yes I am living in Asia. I find a lot of Japanese and old Chinese coins and interesting relics. Even found gold in the rivers here. I have another Item that I need identified but I will put that in another post.

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back