Any Ideas On This Old Stirrup?

Dec 12, 2010
Kentucky
Detector(s) used
Fisher Gold Bug DP, Fisher F19 LTD, Minelab Safari, Garrett AT Pro, Garrett AT Pro Pointer, Garrett Pro Pointer, Lesche Digger, Lesche Ground Shark Shovel, 9.5x5.5 NEL Sharpshooter Coil (Safari), 9.5x
I found this stirrup in an area that was definitely occupied as a colonial home site that included many acres at one time. The stirrup however was actually dug in the front yard of an old existing home next to the cornfield that has produced many colonial relics and some coins for us. Also, there has been CW activity all over the area. The only other stirrup exactly like mine I found on Ebay, and the guy knew nothing about it or it's age or history. ??? I am attaching the link to his only to compare and reference and in no way promoting this site for sales or advertising (just to give the moderators a heads up). Also, I have a picture right after I dug it and then again after my electrolysis treatment and sealed it with a satin urethane. :icon_thumleft:

Vintage Cast Iron Stirrup Antique Old Western Horse Bits Bridles Metal 6935 | eBay

20141124_225210 (1).jpg20141203_002002.jpg20141203_001924.jpg20141203_001854.jpg

As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
It is a beauty for a fact, but I certainly can't help you, but will do a little looking and see what I can turn up.

Upvote 0
That's nice. The holes were probably for a toe guard. I have found several but not one like that. Tony

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back