Fossilized wood C.jpg
    734.9 KB · Views: 108
  • Fossilized wood B.jpg
    Fossilized wood B.jpg
    314.5 KB · Views: 89
  • Fossilized wood A.jpg
    Fossilized wood A.jpg
    351.7 KB · Views: 87
r u guys kidding? a mammoth tooth? wow. way cool! i think i'll have to now take it into our museum so someone can look at it up close. thanks much! j

Upvote 0
Have you ever found other fossils in that area? Might be a good idea to look; where there is one there will be more. Excellent find; what state?

Upvote 0
Wow, definitely mammoth tooth. Great find. Did you find it here in Arizona? They say you can find them in the washes around here, after a good rain.

Upvote 0
I replied last night, but don't see it posted here. Dunno what happened. Once it was suggested that this was a mammoth tooth, I knew what to google; sure enough, you folks were right. My wife found the tooth among rocks in a gravel delivery, so I won't be able to dig around for more, unfortunately. I am sure the pit owner and I agree that being run over by a 966 with 5 yards of gravel in his bucket would be a bad idea. A few years ago my son had some bison bones delivered; a 6" fragment and some horn tips that the museum identified for me. I am in Fairbanks, AK.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back