Nov 10, 2010
Canada
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, ATPro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Found this today, I think it's brass but not sure what it was used for. Any thoughts? ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1476576601.679952.jpgImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1476576642.540143.jpgImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1476576663.414571.jpg

well I am almost always up for a guess ( like my plate on my truck says " I'm not a gynecologist, but I'll take a look")

but I have no idea on that. is it a solid piece? Nothing moves?

Upvote 0
Just a guess, but maybe the top of a pot belly stove, like this one.105451805_-cast-iron-stove-top-finial-antique-old-garden-shabby-.jpg

HH RN

Upvote 0
well I am almost always up for a guess ( like my plate on my truck says " I'm not a gynecologist, but I'll take a look")

Hmmm that's weird... my plate says "I am not a gynecologist... but I did stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night". :P

Upvote 0
It could be part of an elaborate weight measurement scale.

The hook holds the item, and the pointy "hat" is the dial indicator.
Not too sure where you would place the fulcrum; maybe at the rounded part in the center?

Upvote 0

LOL! I know a guy that has a shirt that says that, always makes me chuckle

Yes the piece is solid, no moving parts

Upvote 0
It could be part of an elaborate weight measurement scale.

The hook holds the item, and the pointy "hat" is the dial indicator.
Not too sure where you would place the fulcrum; maybe at the rounded part in the center?

Interesting, I'll do some googling

Upvote 0
I like that ID, as it's certainly the right size, style, and there are examples even closer online, but I didn't see any with that attachment type? Did some stove finials have this type of bottom, does anyone know? I could only find ones with a threaded post on the bottom (or a hole where that would go).

Upvote 0
Yes , some stove finials had a hook, sometimes it attached to a long eyebolt and sometimes they used a spring. Either way they're a pain to re-assemble, takes 3 hands. We had one of these on here quite awhile back.

Upvote 0
Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back